Federal PS Pump Installation

-

treetrimmer12

Reaction score
Hope someone may be able to tell me how to fix this alignment problem. Attached are photos.
Motor is 360ci from 1975, aluminum water pump, double crank and alt pulley. I tried a Saginaw pump and brackets but pulley shaft was too long and high pressure hose fitting hit K-frame not allowing any adjustment even if pulley had lined up.

This Federal pump has what appears to be stock brackets but sticks too far toward radiator.

Anyone have any thoughts of how to make this pump align. Thanks

Attachments

• Fed PS Pump01.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Fed PS Pump02.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Fed PS Pump03.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Fed PS Pump04.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 174
The federal pump you have is setup to run crank, water pump, steer pump belt on the front groove of a 3 slot crank pulley.
2 inboard grooves would be crank, AC Comp, alternator.

mine is a 2 groove pully and your pump brackets are correct.sooo not really sure.not much help,sorry

you have a 3 groove unbalanced crank pulley? I have a 3 groove pulley but it is really heavy and outside ring is filled with hard rubber and is drilled like it was balanced. I am afraid to used this on a balanced crankshaft.

I obtained a 3-groove crank pulley and a 2-groove fan/water pump pulley. The double alt pulley lines up with the two inner grooves on the crank pulley. The outer groove of the crank pulley lines up with the inside groove of the fan pulley and the power steering pulley but the power steering pump seems to be crooked but real close. I will get new belts and see what happens. I suppose the outer groove of the fan/water pump pulley is for the air compressor. Thanks for comments and suggestions..

New belts worked ok except with this setup, can't use the inside alt pulley (contacts the nose of the water pump) and had to cut away a piece of the K-frame so the pump can move but otherwise worked fine on a road test.

-
Back