Federal PS pump pulley for a small block

-

spdart

Reaction score
I've learned just enough on FABO to recognize a Federal pump when I see one but am still a bit confused on pulleys. I'm looking for a replacement stock pulley for my 73 Dart 318 and see at least three different styles. I've seen pulleys for what I think are for the slant 6, small block, and big block V8 that look different but don't know if any will interchange. The slant 6 pulley obviously has a different offset but what is the difference between the solid SB and the spoked BB versions? I have a pump with a 5/8 inch shaft and have read of others with a 3/4 inch shaft so wonder if the BB pump has the larger shaft. I assume all Federal pulleys are press fit too.

Summit sells a aluminum pulley but I would rather have a stock steel version if I can help it. I have been searching the local junk yard, ebay, and the For Sale section here on FABO and am starting to think Federal pumps are not near as common as the Saginaw for my Dart. Any help clarifying the differences will help me narrow my search.

-
Back