feeler thread for 340 engine

-
That is wrong information. All 340 camshafts were the same except for the 1968 manual transmission. The 1972 340 "J" heads used 1.88 Premium intake valves, not 1.92. All 360's had "J" heads from 1971 till about 1973 with standard 1.88 intake valves. I have personally blueprinted two untouched original 1972 340's and know that what I say is correct. Both had forged cranks, but I do not know what the production dates were. In my mind, it makes all other information suspect.
I did notice the wrong intake valve size but I wanted to quote the paragraph as written and not alter it. The sceduled prdusction date of my 72 RR is 6/72 which makes it a late 72 RR and would have the 72 cast crank 340. If the 340 cast cranks started in early April then there were a little over 3 months of cast crank 340's and 8 month's of forged crank 340's so then this would mean there were alot more forged crank 340's than cast cranks. Mopar must of had alot of left over 340 forged cranks. Joe

It's a steel crank and I never mentioned in ad it was all original...it's been sitting in garage for a long time. Has very light rust in cylinders. Will have timing cover and oil pan .

Anyway ... back to the original purpose of the thread ...

Scamp, you got anything else that you are throwing in on the deal? Are the heads complete with valves, shafts and rockers? Got the crank dampner and flexplate? Any manifolds? etc., etc.?

Numbers below drivers cylinder head is 40168019. It's a cast crank with 915 j heads stock valves. Been sitting in shop for twenty yrs

Anyway ... back to the original purpose of the thread ...

Scamp, you got anything else that you are throwing in on the deal? Are the heads complete with valves, shafts and rockers? Got the crank dampner and flexplate? Any manifolds? etc., etc.?

Heads are complete ...also have oil pan, factory windage tray and timing cover

-
Back