Fender Braces, Please Post Pic for Reference Thanks

-

JTG

Reaction score
Hi, can someone please post a pic for my reference when they have a minute showing these fender braces installed on their Mopar. Not sure if any A bodies came stock with them or if it was just 68 B bodies. If I'm not mistaken these braces are located on the left and right front corners inside the engine compartment, attaching to the upper tie bar or rad support then running diagonally across to the inner fender lip, not sure.
Thank you

Hi 412 Stroker and mopardrt thank you for the pics, how many inches in length are these braces on your cars, the set I have here in front of me are 12 inches exactly from outboard end to end.

Yours are the lower fender braces that run from the front bumper bracket to the lower edge of the fender.
C

Hi clhyer, thanks for the clarification, which Mopars would have these braces on from factory?

Thanks Rob, I own a 68 Cuda, so your pic will make for a good reference.

mopardrt, can one even buy a set of these braces, or would it just be easier if I fabricate a set.

JTG, not sure which years or models of the A bodies had this lower fender brace. I know that Dusters did. If you look closely at the bottom of the right front fender of my Duster in this pic you can see the brace. I can get a better pic if you need.
C

JTG, not sure which years or models of the A bodies had this lower fender brace. I know that Dusters did. If you look closely at the bottom of the right front fender of my Duster in this pic you can see the brace. I can get a better pic if you need.
C

Hi clhyer, I definitely can see it, if you don't mind a closer pic would be excellent, now I'm really curious to see how this brace actually mounts. Thanks appreciate it, I'm a Barracuda guy, I have very limited knowledge inregards to Dusters and Darts.

JTG, sorry for the delay. Since the picture was taken I seem to have gone backwards in my progress and the brace was removed!
Here is a shot of it during the disassembly process, laying on my back, to the left of the LF fender looking forward.
C

Thanks clhyer, now it all makes sense, thanks for the pic.

-
Back