Fender brackets?

-

JTG

Reaction score
Hi,does anyone know if 68 Barracuda's came equipped with under the hood fender braces or was this an add on part one installed afterwards which required holes to be drilled. I can't see anywhere inside the engine compartment where these piece's would mount. The existing bolts holding the fender to the firewall and rad support are too big to fit the holes on these bracket's.These are not aftermarket piece's, they are original's for that period. I'm on my third Barracuda and none of them have had these brace's and I can't remember ever seeing any 67,68,69s at the car show's having them. If someone has some insight, its much appreciated, thank you.

My '68 Cuda did not come with the fender braces, however, my '68 Dart did.

Are we talking about the bars that go from the center of the firewall area diagonally to the fenders?

I have never seen those on any early a-body.

I could be wrong, but is it bracing underneath, in the wheel well?? I have heard from a noted mopar guy that 68 cuda fenders had them, but I just checked a pic of my 68 fender and there is none.
JTG, post poics of what you got for braces

Thanks for the reponses. It's not the bracket's that are underneath the fender inside the wheelwell, these piece's are already present on the car. Sorry I'm not able to take a picture at this time, these brace's are 12inchs long, completely straight & cylindrical with flattened ends on either side with holes for the mounting bolts to pass. Anytime I've seen these brace's on other vehicles they are usually located in the front left & right corners, running from the top of the rad support to the inner fender lip. Not sure if that's were one whould find them on a Dart, I'll definitely assume you guy's are right that these brace's are for a Dart. Probably the only way they would ever be found on a Barracuda, is holes had to be drilled inorder to accommodate them.

-
Back