Fender interchange...what years??

-

friesza

The Machinist
Reaction score
So I have a 72 Dart and the fenders are beat to crap at the rear where someone had misalignment before I bought it...and I have a guy who has 73 fenders that to my eye look the same...will they work??

'72 Dart is a one-year-only fender, technically. For fitment purposes, it's the same as '70-'71, but the side marker light hole is different. But those are the three years that will fit if you don't mind having different marker lights in front than in back. Or, modify them to take '72 sidemarkers. But yeah, '73-up will not fit without changing the entire front clip, which you don't want to do.

What I figured....I am just being lazy and did not want to do the body work...all is straight except there.....and so far cannot find any near by here in Oregon...at least for a decent price...

Actually further look at it the damage is not bad....but driver door is getting replaced this weekend.....passenger side is worse but not as bad as I was thinking...

Attachments

• CAM00278d.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 122
Yeah, doesn't look bad. I received some "rust free & straight" fenders recently that are going to need 100 times more work than that to be "rust free & straight"!

Poke around the forum. There's a guy in Regard I think that still has some demon fenders. They'll fit. 70 and 71 got, but the marker lights were recessed. For the 72 year model the gummint made it mandatory for side marker lights to be visible from the edge of the lights. In 73 the grille and hood went to the beak style which won't fit your car unless you replace the entire clip. Plus the bumper was a different shape. The only thing that will match your car without modification is a 72 Dart or a 72 Demon.

-
Back