Fender mount indicators?

-

JamesRR

Reaction score
I have a 66 Barracuda and recently bought new fender mount indicators with new bulbs. I installed them and plugged them in and got nothing. I grounded one out and it illuminated solid. No blinking. Are these supposed to blink? If so I may try tapping into the wires that go directly to the turn signals in the bumper? Turn signals are fully functional. Any suggestions? Thanks.

James :banghead:

Yes they are supposed to blink when the rest of the blinker lights blink. Do the rest blink? Since it illuminated after you grounded it that says you have a ground problem. They get their ground from the nut making contact to the body sheet metal. Everything has to be clean and rust-free. Use sandpaper and/or WD40.

Yes they are supposed to blink when the rest of the blinker lights blink. Do the rest blink? Since it illuminated after you grounded it that says you have a ground problem. They get their ground from the nut making contact to the body sheet metal. Everything has to be clean and rust-free. Use sandpaper and/or WD40.

All the blinkers work fine. I will try to do some cleaning and keep you posted. Thanks.

James

-
Back