Fender Mount Top Turn Signals

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
I have a 71 Scamp and it didnt come with the fender mounted turn signals, the holes where there just no signals. I picked up a pair of them at a junk yard and compared them to many others that were there. They all looked the same.

So I went to install them and I noticed that they do not cover the final hole in my fender. I have 3 holes. 1 large one for the socket, 1 small one for the screw and the 3rd ??? no idea??? So can anyone tell me how long your turn signals are on your Scamps. These measure up to be around 1.75".

Also Do you guys have 3 holes in your fenders also?

Pic of the fender? and the signals?
My 74 Valiant and Dart and Duster all have the same ones and use 2 holes
My other 73 Duster has the earlier signals and uses 2 holes and the attaching nut is underneath

Pic of the fender?
My 74 Valiant and Dart and Duster all have the same ones and use 2 holes
My other 73 Duster has the earlier signals and uses 2 holes and the attaching nut is underneath

Sorry I dont have a picture of the fender. If it helps the large hole is closest to the windshield then the 2 smaller identical holes are towards the front of the car. These seem to mount like a grommet and push into the fender and the screw is to hold the chrome cover in place.

Sorry for blurry pics of the Dart Brightest could get it in the garage.
But that is a 73 up style
Last 2 pics are of the 72 down ones
The holes in fender are same for both styles

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 4.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 5.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 205
Thanks for those pics! There is by far a difference. Now do you know if the 72 and down is longer? I dont know why I have a 3rd hole? From what I can tell they are factory holes.

Forgot to mention Im using the 73 and up style. From your pics the 72 and down style looks longer, but pics can be deceiving.

if you search ebay for 1971 mopar top signal, youl see another style. Both look like the three hole setup you described.

Yes those do look like what would fit on my fender and makes more sense as to what I need.

Doesnt surprise me... This entire car project is odd

also, just saw that DMT makes the gasket, so I'm pretty sure it is an OEM style. I've only ever seen the 2 hole type.

-
Back