fender mounted turn signals

-
Reaction score
Just bought a pair of fender mounted turn signals off of a 1974 Plymouth Satellite. I plan to put them on my 1974 Duster. Can someone help me out with measurements of where to put the holes in the top of the fender. Also, what size holes to drill.
When I splice into the existing wires under the fender does it matter which wire goes to which wire or can they go on either one and still work ( 2 wires from car, 2 wires from turn signal ). Also, do I need to upgrade to a three-light system flasher.
Any other problems I may encounter.

I'll get some pics of my fenders today (the lights are removed so you can see the holes) and post them along with some measurements. I'll be deleting these on my car so if anyone needs the indicators let me know.

Here's the pics - 9 inches from the front edge of the fender to the back edge of the large hole, 2 inches from the inner fender edge to the outside of the hole. The small hole is for the mounting screw. The size of the large hole should be the same as the round part of the bottom of the indicator housing. As for wiring you should check a wiring diagram (go to http://www.mymopar.com/72to76_wiring.htm ).

Hope this helps.

P4220001.JPG

P4220002.JPG

I'll get some pics of my fenders today (the lights are removed so you can see the holes) and post them along with some measurements. I'll be deleting these on my car so if anyone needs the indicators let me know.

I wouldnt mind haveing them, Ive always wanted to add them. let me know

I'm shaving mine off too. If someone wants them let me know.. just pay shipping and their yours. Or you can pick 'em up in Fort Collins CO.

Joe

Bluescrawler what year are your signals from? I'm looking for the bullet style that are on 69's. Let me know. Thanks.

Rich

-
Back