Fender removal

-

danthedewman1

Reaction score
Hi....Im trying to remove the fender off my 72 Dart and ive ran into a snag.Ive removed all the bolts,,i believe, but the front near the headlight area is stuck good.Is that glued on or is there putty or something that holds the fender on.It sure feels like its glued or welded.It wont budge,and I dont wont to bend it up around the seams trying to pry it apart.Thanks..DAN

Try pulling the bottom out first (by the door) Then lift the back up some (by the door) and push forward a little. Ours came out good after doing that.

Ive got the rest loose; the top, the area by the door.Im just scared im gonmna tweak the front section because it seems like its stuck pretty good.Just that front area by the headlight and down,also the area above theat near the top.

Hi....Im trying to remove the fender off my 72 Dart and ive ran into a snag.Ive removed all the bolts,,i believe, but the front near the headlight area is stuck good.Is that glued on or is there putty or something that holds the fender on.It sure feels like its glued or welded.It wont budge,and I dont wont to bend it up around the seams trying to pry it apart.Thanks..DAN

I have a 69 Cuda, but the headlight bucket panel (attatched to fender) is bolted to the radiator support panel. Take a look there . There's a couple of bolts that needed to be removed on mine.

My fender was also bolted to the front valance .

Hope that helps.

-
Back