Fender Tag 76' Dart Lite help

-

perfweld

Reaction score
I just bought a Dart Lite this morning. I believe its a Dart Lite Spirit of 76 car. Reason being its definatly a dart lite, has the correct hood, alum bumper supports. It also has the seats like a hang ten special , and the stripe with blue at the front and red towars the back, but its faded. The motor isnt original, sadly, but it still has the 4 speed in it. I tried my best to decode the fender tag, but amd stumped at a few #s which I believe are the important ones.

A31 I read thats for a 3.91 axle, which I think is for an early car tag

R43 I think this is the code for the Dart Lite, or ?

C6XW ? No Idea

J00901 ? No Idea

B06 It says skid control, ABS could that be correct?

EW1 On 2nd from bottom line on the very left ?

As I said, im positive its a Dart Lite, its still an original car, but can anyone help me with better details ?

Thanks
Mark

A31 I read thats for a 3.91 axle, which I think is for an early car tag

R43 I think this is the code for the Dart Lite, or ?

C6XW ? No Idea

J00901 ? No Idea

B06 It says skid control, ABS could that be correct?

EW1 On 2nd from bottom line on the very left ?

As I said, im positive its a Dart Lite, its still an original car, but can anyone help me with better details ?

Thanks
Mark

C6XW is the interior code
J00901 is probably the order code
B06 is more than likely the build date November 6
EW1 is white paint

don't have my book handy, but that's the gist

I cant seem to find any good info on the net for that late of a car. Im curious if its the spirit of 76 model, and the lite model as well. It seems to say that it has a 4 speed with out overdrive D24 code, could that be correct? Its such a cool car to have that six in it and a 4 speed hurst shifter, its almost comical. Im gonna try and fix it up for a driver, new interior ect. If anyone can give me any info or help id be greatful. Should I post the whole fender tag on here ?

Thanks
Mark

a-31 makes it a dart lite.
it will also have a-63 on tag as well for the multi striped interior if it is a sprit of 76 edition.

Thanks so much for the help so far, you know how it is to get a new toy.... Heres the fender tag if you can read any more of it. Im more than sure its a spirit car, it has the red white blue seat inserts, it also has the stripe thats blue up front and it was red towars the back but its faded. But it dosent have any signs of the spirit of 76 deacls on it at all, so who knows.

Thanks
Mark Lelchook
Performance Welding
Racing Headers

Y39 END

EW1 U A31 R43 C56 N37

EW1 C6XW 000 B06 J00901

E24 D24 LL29 C6G ......

do you have a build sheet for it? it looks like a dart lite to me which is still good don't get me wrong. post some pics of it...

here are some pics of perfweld's dart i'm posting for him. from the pics it does look like a spirit of 76 edition......

dartlite.jpg

file000.jpg

Thanks so much for the help so far, you know how it is to get a new toy.... Heres the fender tag if you can read any more of it. Im more than sure its a spirit car, it has the red white blue seat inserts, it also has the stripe thats blue up front and it was red towars the back but its faded. But it dosent have any signs of the spirit of 76 deacls on it at all, so who knows.

Thanks
Mark Lelchook
Performance Welding
Racing Headers

Y39 END

EW1 U A31 R43 C56 N37

EW1 C6XW 000 B06 J00901

E24 D24 LL29 C6G ......

C6XW = Bucket seat black/white
A31 is the Dart Lite package
B06 is Scheduled Production Date of Nov 6 1975
J00901 Is the vehicle order number VON
EW1 is the paint code

The R43 is not possible, as the tags go alpha-numeric so it may be A43, A63 B43 etc. It has to be something between A32 and C55. If you can get the tag off the car, read it from the backside as it may be clearer.

Your fee for this service... as pair of stainless 2 1/8 to 3.5 slip on collectors... :-D j/k man. You make some nice stuff!

Your right, its B43 not R43, I can f... up anything except a set of headers, but ive done that as well. Cant wait to get this car going...

Mark Lelchook
Performance Welding
Racing Headers

Is there any or suppose to be any code if its a spirit car?

Mark

i thought it needed to have a-63 on the tag but i could be wrong. i have a copy of a spirit build sheet but it is a picture so it is a little hard to read. it does have special order on the bottom circled.

looking at your car i would doubt anyone had repainted it. if they did i doubt anyone would had restriped it with the spirit stripes.

The paint sure does look original, but whats missing is the spirit decal on the quarter panel. The stripes are origianl, as the paint, and the seat has the red white blue insert in it. These a build sheet under the seat but its rotten, ill try and see if I can get anything off it when I get the car home. Its a nice car, never wrecked, solid everywhere except the left fender is dented up a bit, theres no radiator, and it doesent run but the owner said the motor in it is good. I paid $1000 for it, thought I couldnt go wrong anyways. So soon when I get it home ill have to start parts hunting for it.

Mark

not a bad deal. it does look pretty solid. take your time on the sheet. get as much as possible. you might getr lucky and find another under the carpet, or on top of the glove box liner, or in the seat back if it is a bucket seat car. here is some motivation for you.....

spirit.jpg

WooooooooooooooooooW I like it. But I must say that with a set of stock rallies, it would be perfect, though not original, but perfect, is it yours? I was looking for a 69 notchback constantly, I stumbled on this car, now im not sure if I want a notchback so badly now. My race car is a 73' Dart Sport. My first car was a Duster 340, and my new second race car is a 69' fastback. I suppose now my driver will be a Lite. Funny, I drive a VW Jetta TDI, and bought it for the fuel economy, and I love diesels, now I have Mopars idea of a fuel efficient car back in the day. Thanks for the motivation..

Mark

not mine just a pic. imagine what these cars would be like with modern fuel injection and some of the other overdrive goodies. dare i say 40 mpg?

I get between 48 and 52 in my TDI all the time, between highway and city, its really good on fuel, mind you I dirve like a grandpa. I bet your right, 40 should be possible. I think at 55mph with a good carb and an effecient camshaft and exhaust system 40 is realistic.

Hey Mark, Charlie saw your Dart lite today at Steve's. Cool Car. I found some info. on the car by going to "Google" and putting in "Dart lite" first Item gives info. about options and standard package the cars came with. good luck!

[edit] Spirit of '76
In a tie-in with the United States Bicentennial, a Spirit of '76 edition of the Dart Sport featured white paint with prominent red and blue bodyside striping meant to evoke the image of the American flag.

[edit] Dart Lite
In response to increased interest in fuel economy, Dodge offered the Dart Lite fuel economy package which weighed at least 150 lb (68 kg) less than the ordinary Dart Sport.[25] The 225 Slant Six was the only available engine, equipped with an aluminum intake manifold for the first time since 1960 and a specially-calibrated carburetor and distributor. Bumper reinforcement brackets were aluminum instead of steel, while the hood and trunk lid bracing and inner panels were also aluminum. The Slant Six engine block had already been modified for reduced weight in 1975; in the middle of 1976 production its crankshaft was changed from forged steel to lighter cast iron. The high-flow exhaust system included a dual-biscuit catalytic converter, a 2¼" headpipe, and the muffler used on V8 models. The Dart Lite was equipped with a 2.94:1 rear axle rather than the customary 3.21:1 ratio when the car was ordered with a three- or four-speed manual transmission. The A833OD overdrive 4-speed manual transmission housing was made of aluminum. Like all other Darts, the Dart Lites with automatic transmission came with a 2.76:1 rear axle as standard equipment.[25] The Dart Lite with manual transmission was rated by the EPA at 36 mpg (6.5 l/100KM) in highway driving. The Plymouth version was the Feather Duster.

-
Back