fender tag decode?

-

gsoco

gsoco
Reaction score
Hey ya'all...any help with this decode? I have searched and can't find anything that makes sense for it. Thanks.
FZXlV6VzrKAWFxHo47o-TOVNgn4HyxX55sfMud7-FsR_6ImKplX_LqW8y8LXWmvbXRCop795x2Sk-25xgs=w1267-h950-no.jpg

It appears it might be for an early A - maybe a 64-earlier? Knowing the year would help tremendously.

Unfortunately, there’s very little info concerning fender tags from 64 and earlier. Hope someone can assist you

62 valiant :thumbsup:
I have a production option code book and can help you out. For the early As the codes are different based on the plant the car was made in. So you need to start with what the 4th digit of the vin says as that is the key to start the decoding. Also, the 3rd digit of the vin should be 2 for 62 model year.

For what it’s worth, here is what I found in the Galen book I have. Others may be able to help further.

For 62 model year (3rd digit of VIN = 2)

BDY = 131 = Valiant V200 2dr Sedan

TRM = 525

52- = Bench, cloth & vinyl

5 = red & gray

PNT = MM1P

M = Roof Paint, Light Gray

M = Body Paint, Light Gray

1 = Mono-tone paint

P = Cherry Red (interior?? - not sure)

As mentioned earlier, to decipher third row (under ABC...) it is based on the plant. The book I have does not list any E codes for any plants for 62 so the book is probably not right there. Also, this book does not list any info for Newark, DE plant (6 for 4th digit of VIN). I had this problem with my 64 Dart GT as it was built at that plant.

Two plants have A codes listed:

Lynch Road, MI (1 for 4th digit of VIN)

A = Engine sales codes 500-507, so A of 1 = sales code 501, but there is no sales code 501 listed for 62

St. Louis, MO (7 for 4th digit of VIN)

A = Transmission sales codes 340-349, so A of 1 = sales code 341

341 = Transmission-3 speed, manual, column shift

For what it’s worth, here is what I found in the Galen book I have. Others may be able to help further.

For 62 model year (3rd digit of VIN = 2)

BDY = 131 = Valiant V200 2dr Sedan

TRM = 525

52- = Bench, cloth & vinyl

5 = red & gray

PNT = MM1P

M = Roof Paint, Light Gray

M = Body Paint, Light Gray

1 = Mono-tone paint

P = Cherry Red (interior?? - not sure)

As mentioned earlier, to decipher third row (under ABC...) it is based on the plant. The book I have does not list any E codes for any plants for 62 so the book is probably not right there. Also, this book does not list any info for Newark, DE plant (6 for 4th digit of VIN). I had this problem with my 64 Dart GT as it was built at that plant.

Two plants have A codes listed:

Lynch Road, MI (1 for 4th digit of VIN)

A = Engine sales codes 500-507, so A of 1 = sales code 501, but there is no sales code 501 listed for 62

St. Louis, MO (7 for 4th digit of VIN)

A = Transmission sales codes 340-349, so A of 1 = sales code 341

341 = Transmission-3 speed, manual, column shift

Thanks a lot...what you've found jives with what I know. It was a Newark car just found the build sheet on the underside of the back bench seat between the springs and stuffing. I appreciate your efforts.

-
Back