Fender Tag Stolen

-
dusterny mentioned gas caps. My 66 Valiant convertible had the most awesome gas cap when I got it. The Valiant symbol in lucite. It lasted exactly one night with the hood rats in my 'hood. They also used to steal the radio every couple of weeks, and slashed my new top even though it was unlocked. They're probably all dead or in jail by now. I hope.

Not unusual to loose trim tags or other parts at big car shows. These are probably your mopar brothers, just imagine what would happen if they weren't your brothers!!!!

Not unusual to loose trim tags or other parts at big car shows. These are probably your mopar brothers, just imagine what would happen if they weren't your brothers!!!!

think I`ll use s.s. pop rivets when I re install my fender tag. have used diff headed screws on the flip top gas cap, but will probably get the theft proof ones on of these days. wish it had a lock on it tho !

What's the point in stealing a fender tag? I don't understand. (This is common)

Use a machine screw with a nut on bottom and bugger the threads up so nut/bolt wont come undo easily.

This is a 6 yr old thread btw.

I figured they're worth money, but I fail to see why.

67 and earlier tags dont have vins on them I believe. So easy to dress up a plain jane into something loaded with options??

It's an unfortunate fact of life, there will always be a certain "percentage" of persons around that are willing and able to make someone's life more difficult/miserable.

I suppose a little epoxy under your tag would discourage most thieves.

Also with a little modification you can turn your stock gas cap into a locking one, just turn one of your gas tank fill tube screws so that it is removed from the inside of the trunk. Then add a small piece of metal to the back of your gas cap and then you would have a stock gas cap that is locking. You just have to open your trunk and loosen the screw, to unlock.

-
Back