Fender tag

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
Dos anyone know if I can get a fender tag made for my car, the original one is gone (rusted away) & I have no build sheet. My uncle has had the car since new & the car has never been apart. The only thing that was taken out of the car was the motor ( in which I have ) Between my uncle & me we know what options it has, just not the codes. If any help please pm me. thanks:)

what year is the car? if it is 68 and up and without full documentation, VIN, both Body numbers, broadcast sheet, and or build card - the answer is no. The reason why is to protect the hobby. if 67 or prior a build card can be obtained from Chrysler Historical for $45.00 with basic decoding and the rest can be decoded. it will also have the VIN and SO Numbers. With that data-tags "might" be able to help you. It is not cheap, several hundred dollars, if they can or will. But understand with the build card and the numbers being correct it kind of removes the need for the fender tag since this is the card the VIN, F-tag and BC sheet were created from.

Not saying you are not being genuine it is just there are many people in this hobby who are not. They would love to "create" a fully loaded big block a-body barracuda, 440 6-pack or hemi convertible challenger etc.... it adds quite a bit of value to a vehicle that was really a 6-cyl car. But it is nothing but devaluing others cars who do have the supporting documentation and out and out fraud.

Yea I under stand, its the original vin# & it matches the numbers on the rad.support & trunk lip. Its a 383 4spd barracuda. I just thought it would be nice to have since I don't have a build sheet. O, & its a 1969 formula s

I have a friend with a 69 'cuda A-56 fastback. The fender tag is rusted away no broadcast sheet. The only thing he can "prove" with documentation is that it is a Hamtramck built, 69 barracuda, with a 340 engine built xx/xx/xx month day year. Not that it is a 1 of 166 fastbacks with the A-56 option package, etc etc. So now it is one of 1,230 P-code 69 fastback automatic's. The difference documentation makes!

yea, its a bummer but what are you gona do Im never gona sell the car ill just put it back to original & that will be that its still cool though since my uncle has had it since new he actually ordered it with tan interior but they found one with green so he took it since the dealership was closing down my dad, uncle & my dads friend all ordered there cudas the same day & dealership 2- 383 & 1- 340 :D

look in many places for build sheets...I have found under carpet, on top of glove box, under front or rear seat, behind buckets seat back, etc, most I found was 3 in 1 car :)

yea, I know that's where I found them to but nothing in this cuda, I tore the front & rear seats apart , carpet out, headliner out, dash out, I spent a whole day on just trying to find that build sheet & I didn't enough find a piece of it

-
Back