Fender Tag

-

64_Barracuda

Virginia Beach VA
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Having some trouble decoding some numbers, after 23 years I decided to decode the 64 Barracuda. I have trouble with the 3rd and 4th row. F 1, H 1, T 8. I have everything else from Goviers books except those.

On the 65 Signet I am having trouble with only a couple things. First It was built as a /6 Hence, 1 in the first digit of the VIN and Under the fourth row of AB it was 20. However, BDY under row two is V42 (8cyl Valiant Barracuda). Also, under row two of NUMBER is 00002, does this mean it was the 2nd car built in 65? It was built June 9th 1965 toward the end of the run. Lastly, under row two the last column is NT(maybe a T its dented) with B underneath in row one. Any help would be great.

Having some trouble decoding some numbers, after 23 years I decided to decode the 64 Barracuda. I have trouble with the 3rd and 4th row. F 1, H 1, T 8. I have everything else from Goviers books except those.

On the 65 Signet I am having trouble with only a couple things. First It was built as a /6 Hence, 1 in the first digit of the VIN and Under the fourth row of AB it was 20. However, BDY under row two is V42 (8cyl Valiant Barracuda). Also, under row two of NUMBER is 00002, does this mean it was the 2nd car built in 65? It was built June 9th 1965 toward the end of the run. Lastly, under row two the last column is NT(maybe a T its dented) with B underneath in row one. Any help would be great.

Can't help you on your 64. On the 65 the V42 indicates it's a Valiant (V) and the 42 indicates it's a 2 door hardtop. On my 65 GT convert the BDY shows L45 (L being Dart and 45 being convertible). I parted out a 65 GT hardtop and under BDY it showed L42 Dart 2 door hardtop). The NUMBER should show the last 5 digits of the SO Number, which is also stamped on the radiator top cross member. If you look under the SO (just before the NUMBER), yours should read 609 for June 9th. The last NT is part of the PAINT Code where B should indicate I believe the upper door frame color (Black). Hope this helps!

-
Back