fender tag

-

wstcstjunkie

69 Dart Custom
Reaction score
not sure if i'm in the right forum, where can i get my fender tag decoded? can anyone here do it? here is a pic:

fender tag.jpg

I ran the decode on it real quick and this is what I came up with....if anyone see's a mistake in what I have found then please chime in.

E31273 2 Barrel 8 Cyllinder 69D31Light Duty 904 Automatic Transmission TorqueFliteLH23document.write(decodeVin("LH23D9B440410",1));L = Dodge Dart / Demon
H = High
23 = 2 Door Hardtop

D9Bdocument.write(decodeVin("LH23D9B440410",2));D = 273 190HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
9 = 1969
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
440410Sequence Number '440410'T5Paint Code: Unknown At This Time
H2Tdocument.write(decodeInterior("H2T"));Trim Grade/Style/Color
H = High
2 = Vinyl Bench
T = Saddle Tan
T3Upper Door Frame: Unknown At This Time703document.write(getTheYear("703","9"));Date Built: 7 / 03 / 1969339128Order Number: 339128A42Roof Type OR Color: Dart Spring Special Package AG15Tinted Windshield OnlyG33Left Hand Outside Mirror - Manual / ChromeH51Single Air /w HeaterL31Hood / Fender Mount Turn SignalM21Roof Drip Rail MoldingsM31Belt Molding 69-70M33Body Side MoldingsR11Music Master Radio AMV1TFull Vinyl Top - TanEN1End of Codes Assembly Line 1

Hope that helps and that thats everything you were looking for. Some guys may be able to tell you in more detail what your paint code and what not break down to.

T3 is light broze exterior and T5 is copper metalic upper door trim. Yes you have original tan bench seat but I think it's a Western Sport Special for 69. The roof was saddle bronze. Looks like they painted her red? Post some pics.

Just adding to the info from IgotDUST.

JB

T5 is exterior
T3 is the upper door frame color

It's a spring special
A78 was a WSS code

Sorry guys,not to sound stupid but I figure its better to ask and know than not ask and pretend to know lol......what are you guys talking about when you say T-5 car?

Sorry guys,not to sound stupid but I figure its better to ask and know than not ask and pretend to know lol......what are you guys talking about when you say T-5 car?

T5 is a paint code, in this case it's "copper poly" for 1969.

Thanks 340butterduster. I was pretty sure they were talking about a paint/trim code but was not positive if it referred to a certain option on the car or something. I also see someone mentioned the car was a western special I believe? When I ran the vin , I came up with it being a spring special just to verify

The underhood is still T5 -- the same color of my 1969 Barracuda notchback 318 auto column black bucket interior AM and no AC. Got it when it was two years old. Beautiful color with the shinniest long lasting original paint of any car that I have ever owned. Waxed it twice in three years and I believe that it was duller until the wax wore off. Wayne

i just purchased a 69 GTS and its missing the build sheet and the fender tag, is there any other way that i could find out if this is a numbers matching car?

i just purchased a 69 GTS and its missing the build sheet and the fender tag, is there any other way that i could find out if this is a numbers matching car?

Not sure what you mean by "number's match", usually means the engine and trans. numbers match the cars VIN number.

Partial VIN stamping can be found on the rad. support and the trunk drip rail, under the seal (both on driver's side) for body.

If you are wanting to find out wether or not the equipment on the car, bucket seats, console, mirrors...and so on are correct, the only way to document without the fender tag or the buildsheet, is to contact the original owner or Chrysler historical, they might (long shot) be able to look up your VIN in the archives and tell you the buid specs.

All the best!

-
Back