fenders

-
the short answer is yes.. I put a fender from a 76 valiant on my 73 duster.

the long answer...cosmetically the same, however.
There are some slight differences, like where the front of the fender bolts to the core support there was a notch missing from the 76 fender.

if you are looking at the front of the car, the fender slants from the hood bump downward. O \ / O kinda like that. anyway the valiant fender didn't have the point at the bottom so I had to drill a new hole in the core support to put in the last bolt..

not that big a deal but

player1up said:
the short answer is yes.. I put a fender from a 76 valiant on my 73 duster.

the long answer...cosmetically the same, however.
There are some slight differences, like where the front of the fender bolts to the core support there was a notch missing from the 76 fender.

if you are looking at the front of the car, the fender slants from the hood bump downward. O \ / O kinda like that. anyway the valiant fender didn't have the point at the bottom so I had to drill a new hole in the core support to put in the last bolt..

not that big a deal but

You don't mention which fender you replaced with a '76 but if it was the passenger side one, the antenna hole for the bezel mount is different for the '76 vs the '73 to '75 fenders. As long as you use the '76 antenna bezel with a '76 fender you'll be fine.

Does anyone make a repo. fender? I need a drivers side for my 72 duster Thanks,

Y1 has them.....but for the price you can buy 2 fiberglass one and replace both.

Thanks for the info on the fender. Im not much on fiberglass so maybe I will look into the metal one at year one. If they have them then someone else has them also.

I got some inner fenders from Stephans Performance they were really nice used pieces and they will have fenders to but get out your checkbook.

-
Back