Few thing to do before engine swap

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
This is a 73 /6 Duster swapping to a 318
I need a new box that transfers all the wires from the engine bay to the inside of the car. This is the thing were all the wires are run to plugs and go through the firewall. What is these called and where can I get a new one of these. I also thought about getting a new fuse box. I was going to get the new style fuse box were I am not using the glass fuses. Do I need a fuse box of does it needs to have relays and all that stuff?

The box on the firewall is called a bulkhead connector. As far as where to get one I don't know. I would think something is available.

Not sure what you're asking but you cannot just eliminate fuses. They're there for a reason. That being if you pull too much current the fuse is designed to blow (open) and you won't burn up the harness.

i wouldnt go all crazy with the wiring until you know what it all does and where it all goes. especially when it comes to the fuse box. you are just asking for problems IMO

Not sure what you're asking but you cannot just eliminate fuses. They're there for a reason. That being if you pull too much current the fuse is designed to blow (open) and you won't burn up the harness.

Does the fuse box in a 73 duster have just fuses or does it have anything else like relays etc.

Well I need to replace the bulkhead conecter on the fire wall I was going to use a Fuse block and just run the wires from the engine bay and then throught the firewall and into the car.If I did this would I need a fuse box in the car.If I had the fuses at the firewall I would not need them in the fuse box.

Ps: I can find a bulkhead conecter thats why I was thinking about this.

why not clean up the spade connectors and female ends, is the bulkhead corroded or melted? some where there was a thread showing how to replace all the connectors, but i dont remember where it is now. you MIGHT be able to find it with a search.

why not clean up the spade connectors and female ends, is the bulkhead corroded or melted? some where there was a thread showing how to replace all the connectors, but i dont remember where it is now. you MIGHT be able to find it with a search.

Parts melted and most of it is cracked

im not aware of any making just the block itself. you can always take another harness and remove the block from it and transplant it into your harness. tedious, but doable. sorry im not much help here, ive never had to replace one. maybe someone else knows if they are available.

-
Back