fiberglass body parts

-

ron spilman

The Kaptain
Reaction score
looking to possibly buy a set of fiberglass fenders, hood etc for my duster project car. anyone out there recommend any particular company to check with? just shoppin around- any suggestions would be appreciated!

These are AAR Quality Fiberglass. The hood is no problem..mine was pretty much just one good coat of 2k and block sanding. The fenders take a little work to make them fit right. Overall quality is good.

DSC01015.JPG

I bought my '68 Barracuda fenders and hood from Walt Sary,@ W.S. Racing and Fiberglass in Ashtabula, Ohio. (216-998-6341). They fit perfect, gaps were near perfect, nice and straight, and minimal prep work. Very nice quality stuff. Arlen Vankie, and Bob Reeds' S.S. cars run them also. He has race weight stuff, and he has street weight stuff also.The other stuff they are talking about is very nice too, but VERY HEAVY, actually some of it is heavier than the steel stuff you have on your car now.
Weight wasn't a big concern to me , but I just didn't want to make my car any heavier than it already was.
Anyway, just another alternative , and opinion . I'm very picky when it comes to my cars. I'm not recommending anyone, just that I had a good experience with this company, and just thought I would pass it along. Good luck.

Weights are approximately as follows: Bolt on hoods: 25-30lbs.* Lift
off Hoods: 15-20lbs.
Bumpers: 1-3lbs.
Fenders: 9-11lbs.
Bolt on deck lids: 15-25lbs.
Lift off deck lids: 7-11lbs.​
*Weights vary according to size of product/scoops: 3-5lbs

Here are the weights for AAR's products. Haven't seen any steel parts with these weights.

ws fiberglass, look up ws racing fiberglass components, his name is walt sarie. he runs a dart and makes all mopar glass some other models now. he started with mopar only. excellent quality!

-
Back