fiberglass fenders

-

74scampga

Reaction score
Got my car back from the blasters and my fenders are shot. Any Recommendations or advice for 68 barracuda fiberglass fenders? Fitment /quality issues?

I have been trying to get AAR on the phone without success for about a month now. It is the holiday season.
Message's full. May have to wait till after the new year.
AAR fenders were recommended to me recently over glassteks as far as the quality by someone who had tried barracuda fenders from both companies. This recommend was based on his experience 8 years ago on a couple different projects he had done for his customers on barracudas.
Im thinking it may be worth the extra cost involved to give them a try. 75.00 more per fender + the added truck freight from florida.
I am close enough to drive to Glasstek or Vfn and wouldn't have to pay the freight. In my case it could cost 300.00 or more to go with AAR. Haven't got an exact quote from them
since no one has been answering the phones.
Keep us posted on the fenders you purchase. My searches
haven't turned up much as far as pictures of AAR fenders
installed.

Thanks for the replies. My initial thought was aar. Buddy of mine bought one of their hoods and it was pretty nice. Very little fitment issues. I'll keep ya posted if I make any headway. I've had a couple people tell me not to go fiberglass due to the color difference in the paint after a few years. Any truth to this?

Not sure on the paint over fiberglass fading faster than on steel.
I've seen some painted fiberglass with no shine left at all. I figured
long term outdoor storage myself.

-
Back