Fiberglass Hood Dzus Fastener Removal?

-

71340Duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am having a body guy come look at my Duster tomorrow a.m. I have a fiberglass hood with many dzus fasteners on it and I'm wondering if plugging them is something that is done. My thinking is that I don't want to have to undo 20 screws to get to my engine, especially in a fire type situation. I am leaning towards lightweight hinges, maybe only two corner fasteners. I will go with a steel hood and twin scoops if it doesn't make sense to try to adapt the hood I have to work differently than it did when owned by previous owner. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Well he finally made it over today, said it would be no problem to plug the holes but wants a steel hood to add as structure to the fiberglass hood. I need to do more research on pin options, hinge options, etc. basically the whole thing. The car won't go to the body shop for 2-3 months so I have time to figure it out. One thing that was suggested by his co-worker was leaving the fasteners in the back corners and pinning them so that 4 corner pins could be pulled if the hood needed to come off fast, will also see if I can see if that's been done.

-
Back