Fiberglass hood with Hemi scoop

-

Reaction score
I'd like to purchase a fiberglass hood with a Hemi scoop. Can anyone tell me if US Body Source is reputable and about the quality of their parts?

Thanks,

I have a US body source lift off hood with a six pack scoop on it for my 69 Dart. I never used it because I found a bolt on hood with a Hemi scoop on it. I never tried to fit the US Body source hood, but it looks good. My Unlimited front bumper looked bad right out of the box.

(anybody want a lift off six pack hood)

Never dealt with US Body Source, but I did buy my fiberglass hood and bumpers from Unlimited Products, so here's my opinion on them. Quality was good, fit was very good. Only complaint was it took about 2 months to get my hood from the time I ordered it. I kinda think they lost my order, 'cause when I called to see what was taking so long, they gave me some BS about it being dropped and ruined after it was done. The bumpers and fiberglass brackets were fine.

AAR fiberglass makes some of the best glass parts you have ever seen!
I got a pair of glass bumpers from them for my Duster and eventually i want to get a six-pack hood from them.
I looked at some of there other parts at Carlisle they do very nice work. :thumleft:

I have bought both Unlimited and AAR. AAR you could have wetsanded, painted and bolted on. Unlimited would have not made it to the dumptser in one piece!!

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I'm going to keep researching before I buy. I'm sure I'll get what I pay for.

The reason youre getting a fiberglass hood and scoop is weight consideration ? If it's not entirely weight that's on your mind, buy just the scoop and stick it on your own steel hood.

You don't have to worry about warping panels after they have been out in the sun too long (like just about all fiberglass does). This is what I have done, so when I put my big dollar paint job on the car, I won't have to worry about painting the hood again two years down the road.

If this is your thought too, I bought my scoop from AAR fiberglass and it's awesome.

Good luck.

Fixing the warping is a very easy process. First thing you do is remove the four bolts from the hinges. Remove the hood. Stand the hood up against the wall in the garage. Place cardboard over top of the hood (make sure you keep it out of the light.)
Now, here's the important part. Open up your wallet, call the company you bought the hood off two years earlier and buy another one.

Oh, about the hood in the garage...scrap it with the next time the garbage man comes by...

or....bolt a glass scoop onto your steel hood and don't worry about warping anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, the "warping" is more like little waves. The only way to repair it is to flat-stick the hood and fill the low spots and re-shoot the whole hood. Yeah, it's a pain in the ***, but it's the price one pays for going "lite". I think the heat coming off the headers was the real cause of the distortion. Added header wraps, and that helps a bunch.

BBLM23 How much do you want for the Lift off hood? Is it painted or anything?

69S383FB said:
The reason youre getting a fiberglass hood and scoop is weight consideration ? quote]

I'd like to save weight and was considering glass fenders, hood, bumper and valance. The car will never be a matching numbers trailer queen, but I don't want to throw away money on parts that won't hold up.

Ultimately, I'd like to take the Dart to the strip with a beefed up small block under the hood but also drive it on the street. I'm really only familiar with stock big blocks and not modified small blocks.

Any thoughts on the fiberglass and engine combo? Thanks.

I ran glass fenders and hood on a street cat for years and didnt have a problem.

BadAssDodge said:
BBLM23 How much do you want for the Lift off hood? Is it painted or anything?
Not painted, no holes, never been on a car. $250 Are you coming to New York? Shipping to me was $100...

AdamR said:
I ran glass fenders and hood on a street cat for years and didnt have a problem.

Good info. I'd like to lighten the load and eventually have a small block that packed a punch.

BTW- I noticed your posts include pictures of your car. How can I get a picture as part of my signature? I've had issues with the pixels and size of pictures on the profile page.

Thanks.

Thanks guys, I've wanted a hemi scoop for my 67 Barracuda and wondered who made a good one. Looks like AAR has a good reputation.

If harwood still makes them then i'd get it there.

Wow this is an old thread !

I hear AAR was bought out by another company. I hope the quality stays the same.

-
Back