Fiberglass hood

-

HemiD@rt

Reaction score
Where do you guys get yours from? I love the look of the hemi cuda scoop.

Off topic, but....
Wasn't sure if you knew, but using a 'glass hood will affect radio reception.
This may be of no importance, just thought that I'd pass it along.

The hood on my Dart is from Harwood, not sure if they still make them.

Off topic, but....
Wasn't sure if you knew, but using a 'glass hood will affect radio reception.
This may be of no importance, just thought that I'd pass it along.

OK, what? I had never heard this. Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

OK, what? I had never heard this. Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

It is true, but, if I remember correctly, it affects AM radio signals. Something to do with "ground wave?" I will post this question in the electrical section. There are some extremely knowledgeable guys there. It is for this reason that I am considering relocating my antenna to the right rear quarter on my '68 'Cuda. I guess the little trunk lid is better than the fiberglass hood for reception.

It is true, but, if I remember correctly, it affects AM radio signals. Something to do with "ground wave?" I will post this question in the electrical section. There are some extremely knowledgeable guys there. It is for this reason that I am considering relocating my antenna to the right rear quarter on my '68 'Cuda. I guess the little trunk lid is better than the fiberglass hood for reception.

That is totally weird. I honestly had never heard that. Then again, when I put glass hoods on, the radio really wasn't my priority. I'll keep an eye out for your post in the electrical section.

Sorry for sidetracking the topic.

Just the man I hoped would chime in on the radio signal, 67Dart273, has done so.

Apparently, part of the problem is also interference from the ignition system and he related that Corvettes had special shielding around those components for that purpose. He also noted that signal strength is affected by the lack of steel under the antenna. His suggestion for a fiberglass hood was to paint the underside with aluminum paint with a ground wire to the steel body. I suppose the aluminum paint could then be painted with body color.

-
Back