Fiberglass Hoods

-
Here is my hood from Sled City. Packaged very well I feel. Kitty litter box for spacer due to scoop. There was one on each side. Box was marked fragile all over along with stacking warnings and such.

20220324_160636.jpg

20220324_160735.jpg

Not necessarily. If you ship a fragile part across the country to a friend, and simply place it in a box with no padding, and it suffers damage, think USPS/FedEx/UPS will take the blame? It is the sender's responsibility to ensure proper packaging for their item to survive the trip.

My hood not only suffered damage, but a corner was improperly repaired prior to leaving their plant.
mine was padded

Call Larry at Sled City fiberglass. Good prices and fast. Larry even unboxed my finished hood and glassed in my scoop I mailed to him.

Edit: I see OP ordered already

Sled City
Nothing to do with the post, just noticed your screen name. Do you actually have a Grand Spaulding Special Demon? When I was an 18 year old salivating over the thought of having one, Oh, how my mind would wonder. I live in a small town in Tennessee and in that era, we didn't have FM stations like what dominates the airwaves now. Our closest Rock and Roll station cut their power at 6-7 pm but then we just tuned into WLS out of Chicago. That was where I heard of the 71 GSS Demon 340. I wanted to order one in 72, but they switched to a supercharged 340 for that year. Didn't get either of them, but did end up with a 72 340 Demon. I really would love to restore it, but don't know if it will happen. I have a grandson just turned 18, and he has told me many times he wants the car. He is going to be a welder so he could help me get it done maybe.

The replacement hood arrived and I picked it up today. No damage to the packaging and I didn't see any damage to the scoop or hood. Hood was secured well in the box at each corner.

All is well that ends well.

20220408_104725_copy_768x1024.jpg
20220408_114708_copy_768x1024.jpg
20220408_114827_copy_768x1024.jpg
20220408_114838_copy_768x1024.jpg
20220408_114504_copy_768x1024.jpg
20220408_114542_copy_768x1024.jpg

Nothing to do with the post, just noticed your screen name. Do you actually have a Grand Spaulding Special Demon? When I was an 18 year old salivating over the thought of having one, Oh, how my mind would wonder. I live in a small town in Tennessee and in that era, we didn't have FM stations like what dominates the airwaves now. Our closest Rock and Roll station cut their power at 6-7 pm but then we just tuned into WLS out of Chicago. That was where I heard of the 71 GSS Demon 340. I wanted to order one in 72, but they switched to a supercharged 340 for that year. Didn't get either of them, but did end up with a 72 340 Demon. I really would love to restore it, but don't know if it will happen. I have a grandson just turned 18, and he has told me many times he wants the car. He is going to be a welder so he could help me get it done maybe.

Yes I do have a 1971 GSSDemon. You can see the story with my link in the post. To some it up, dad bought it new, raced it for about 10 years, sold it in 1982. I found it in a barn a few years ago. Unrestored, 23k miles on it and I was able to get all the paperwork from Norms and met Norm with Dad just before Norm passed.

The most important lesson I learned through my experience with Stinger/AAR was that you better make darn sure you're satisfied with the hood before signing for it. If that means being ready to test fit while the driver waits around, so be it. Yes, the damage my hood incurred would be visible without test fitting, but the incorrectly repaired contour at one corner could only be seen once I got the hood on the car.

And if you decide to return the hood after signing, per their policy the customer pays return shipping, and neither shipping to you nor return shipping are refundable. So, once you sign, best case scenario you are out the shipping cost. They will only refund the purchase price of the hood, regardless of the reason you are returning.
As most drivers get paid by the mile a really nice tip would be appropriate.

-
Back