Fiberglass instrument cluster?

-

SirDan

Reaction score
First of all is someone making a fiberglass instrument cluster that you could put aftermarket gauges in?

I have been looking for some part time employment lately but have been having no luck. I am thinking maybe I should just be my own boss.

anyway I feel like I might try and figure out a way to make a bunch of fiberglass clusters so people could drill/cut them for their aftermarket gauges. I haven't looked into it fully and done any number crunching yet so I can't say for sure if I am doing this yet. just looking for opinions.

I was thinking I would make a nice mold then trim up the final product and leave painting and cutting/drilling to the buyer.

What would you guys pay for something like this?

Fiberglass no, plastic yes. If you could make fiberglass or plastic cheaper than the $100 that redline and fast lane west want, then you could probably sell a few.

Anything less than a $100 i may be game for.

Sir Dan,
I bought one of the Fast Lane West carbon fiber look alikes. I was very disaponted when I rec'd it. Very light weight and thin, especially where the heavy light and winshield wiper controls mount. I had a friend make an identical template out of aluminum to give it some strength.
There is another FABO member that is trying to make dashes like the old Rocky Mountain dashes, He is in the process of making an all aluminum dash insert. Don't know the price yet and alot of people were actually taking to this my self included but it has been in the process for a long time now. If you can start something simular & have it priced right, you would probably get some hits for it.
Good Luck

http://www.fastlanewest.com/store/i...oduct_info&cPath=21_206_48_56&products_id=336

-
Back