fiberglass quarters on 68 cuda?

-
Fiberglass bonded to steel doesn't last very long before it cracks. Quarter panels on a unibody are considered structural so without a welder you can't do anything that resembles a proper repair. Panel bonding a steel one on is not a good solution either.

I've seen fiberglass quarters for sale. I honestly can't think of what application they could possibly be used in. It doesn't even make any sense. If anybody does know what the point is I would love to know the reasoning behind it.

I've seen fiberglass quarters for sale. I honestly can't think of what application they could possibly be used in. It doesn't even make any sense. If anybody does know what the point is I would love to know the reasoning behind it.
The fiberglass quarters were the first to show up in the aftermarket, long before Sherman or anyone else started making reproduction parts 30+ years ago. They could be had with the goofy wheel flares to cover N50's.

Last edited:
on a race car with a tube chassis that dont use the body for integral strength! but i still question them being a good idea there as well!

I can't imagine any real weight savings. A steel quarter skin doesn't really weigh much at all.

-
Back