FIELD FIND- 1966 Dodge Dart 270 4 door

-

66_dart_270

Reaction score
I just picked up a 66 Dart off of craigslist, it had been sitting for close to 6 years from what the previous owner said. towed it home, removed gas tank.. cleaned lines and tank. rebuilt Holley 1920, topped off all the old liquids and she started right up :) after replacing the master cylinder and two wheel cylinders the dart is a running/driving car. i have decided to take the car completely back to its stock specs, not that i started far off...it has a 225 slant six w/ torqueflight 3 speed transmission. what i did not know, is how damn hard it is to find certain parts for this little car. any ideas on aftermarket trim? or are any of you guys sitting on a box full of parts you would like to sell me? i need a gas cap as well. the deck lid and front driver fender are going to have the body work done soon and i am going to throw a fresh coat of the factory paint on. any suggestions on trim? LET ME KNOW WHAT WERE THINKIN!

Awesome! If your in Vancouver wa I'm right down the road and I know a few places you can get parts from pretty local.

NICE! Pleased to meet you. even on the trim pieces?

Attachments

• IMAG0763.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 412
  • IMAG0866.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 675
  • IMAG0867.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 395
  • IMAG0868.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 289
  • IMAG0902.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 326
I just love seeing a 4-door car restored, it's different and not many people take them on. Good luck on your project!

I just love seeing a 4-door car restored, it's different and not many people take them on. Good luck on your project!

thank you for the support! every time I talk with someone about how I am restoring a dart the first question they ask is if it is a 2 door lol. I cant imagine why I get so many heads shaking when I say "nope, its a 4 door"

this car will be slick, I promise. seats were just sent away for upholstery and my buddy the body master is coming over to straighten out the trunk and minor dings on car. I am hoping to get it painted sometime in june!

They shake their heads because 2 doors are worth more money at Barrett-Jackson. I like the different. Seeing V8 2-doors at car shows get really old really fast.

-
Back