Fighting the Slanty. . .

-

Gen2Cudas

Reaction score
Afternoon guys. After rebuilding the entire fuel system AND the entire cooling system on the slant ('67 Barracuda 'vert trials and tribulations) finally got the thing to run cool last night- without the thermostat in it. We did a huge block flush, so buttoned it up last night without to check the system. With just water in it, never got over the 1/4 mark.

Put the dratted 195 t'stat back in and it overheats! New radiator never got warm- so know the 'stat didn't open.

Now for the egg on face question- I know which way the damned thing goes in a 318 intake- which way does the 'stat need to face in the "T" housing on top front of the block? Any diagrams around?

My first slant. . .and an armwrestle it has been. . .

Mike

spring side toward block, pointy side toward the neck... so many views without an answer, thought it was a trick question. Such a no brainer I'm embarrassed to say I have installed them backwards :lol: OK Ok So i did have to look it up to confirm :D

Thanks guys!!!
The problem ended up being, a stat that was trash! But, not only did Mr. gen2cudas learn how to install a stat pointy side out, he also got Mrs. gen2cudas (me) to buy him his choice of both 160 and 180 stats. They both work :profilel:!
I am so glad Mike found you guys! I brag about ya"ll all the time. K, got to go put more money and parts in the car. Check our pics later.
P.S. No trick questions. Just checking and making sure :-D.

-
Back