Filler over 2k primer? Or what to use?

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Okay so im doing the first round of blocking and there are not many low spots, but what should I do to fix them? I have a gallon of evercoat liteweight filler, can use this over primer or should I use glaze? Also in the engine compaterment there are areas that were filled but we did a shitty job sanding and primered over it and noticed how deep the river like crevices are in the filler.

Basically what do I have to do to fix parts that need real fixing like the compaterment and then what to do for fixing low spots. Thanks

Depends on how deep you are talking that these low spots are. Glaze is made for just taking care of scratches or very small stuff. It is soft and doesn't hold up quite like body filler. I try hard to make sure my dents are taken care of before I do any primering. If you need to, as long as the 2k is sanded with some 80 you should be ok to put a little filler over it to take care of your "low spots." If it is extreme, you might be better off grinding the 2k back and either pulling the dents more, or re-doing that bodywork. So many variables in the bodywork. Just remember, glaze is not made to be used like body filler!

They aren't deep at all. And I'm also asking about engine compartment

Any Polyester 2k glaze or spot lite will work, And 180 grit scratch is good for adhesion.

-
Back