filter capacitors?

-

pjc360

Reaction score
I got my crane cams hi-6 cd ignition with rev limiter wired in yesterday, i am running it to crane cams lx91 coil. I mounted the crane box under the steering wheel on the dash of my pick up, i did good install, used heat shrink connectors and wether proof connectors i used 10 gauage wire on the power wire and 1 4gauage wire on all the other wires that i had to add wire too. I didnt notice it at first but there is a buzzing noise coming from the crane box, and my coil. i read deeper into the crane cams instructions guide and they say tht if you add wire to the power ire thn they recoomend running a filter capaciator.
My power wire is maybe 4 feet at most but more like 3 to 3 1/2 feet long.... I unhooked the rev limiter wire to see if that was what was making the buzzing noise and its not because it still does it with the rev limiter disconnected.... Crane sells a 38,000 microfarad 16 volt capacitor, i can get it from summit for around 40 bucks with shipping. Just thought i'd ask if anyone else here has had to use one? i have read about the msd boxes buzzing too and some people say its normal?

-
Back