Finally after 2 long hard years it drives!

-

zac_F71

Reaction score
Finally got to drive my 460hp 383 71 Demon! Crappy video sadly but oh well.. the video doesn't do the sound of the car justice at all! also did a test burn out in front of the house! Nice little 40ft test haha. Sadly the rear main seal is still pissing oil (was on the dyno as well) tried to fix it afterwards, BUT nope - so have new seals coming to pull it and redo it..

This gave me a whole new motivation to get the car done though and am happy that everything I did to this car is working kinda haha - was a semi-running slant 6 car 2 years ago!

Let me know what you guys think!!!!

That will be a fun toy! To bad its leaking, and you cant bring it to MITP, this weekend. The engine has a good rumble to it.

That will be a fun toy! To bad its leaking, and you cant bring it to MITP, this weekend. The engine has a good rumble to it.
Ya we were planning to bring it down, I don't want to risk it starting on fire, or pissing off someone with the show/fairgrounds for it marking it's territory LOL NEXT year it will be there! I'm going to try VERY hard to make it to the Street Machine Nationals July 15th-17th with it at the state fairgrounds!

Ya we were planning to bring it down, I don't want to risk it starting on fire, or pissing off someone with the show/fairgrounds for it marking it's territory LOL NEXT year it will be there! I'm going to try VERY hard to make it to the Street Machine Nationals July 15th-17th with it at the state fairgrounds!

You know what sucks, my new engine is also leaking from the rear main. I was going to try to get it back to the builder before the show, but just couldnt get it done. Its not as bad as yours, but it will leave a mark on the garage floor. There must be a bad batch of seals here in MN. :lol:

At least you have a goal and hopefully that motivates you to get it done.

Way to go your on the way to finishing Mine needs another 2 years and it was started 6 years ago but its getting closer parts are coming now if the wife lets me work on it Congrats

Ya mine leaked at least 1/4 a quart in the 15 minute drive, about a 5"-6" diameter pond under the car when I parked it..

-
Back