Finally bought it ....

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
Well, my buddy went out and bought him a new Challenger 6.1 - so the 4-speed Swinger had to go - I had given up, but some things were meant to be. It'll be a couple years, but I'm looking forward to the resto. We're pretty sure it isn't the original 340, but I'm happy with the price (less than he was asking a year ago). Chris, if you're reading this - you know she's in good hands! Here's the original "what's it worth" link. Got it for just under 5 G - fair deal I think !

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=42699

So you got her after all. Very nice. What did you end up giving for her? If you don't mind me asking.

Congrats!!

You got the best color, too! :thumbup:

4950.00 (he wanted 5, but I needed the "psychological effect" of getting the car for under 5 (helped with the wife as well!)- still has clutch pedal installed, needs all other linkage as well as shifter, rods. Came with date coded 833 and bellhousing - needs all the rest to take back to 4-speed (still has clutch pedal installed) I'm happy, I love my green car, but it's farrrrr from original. I think it's gonna be cool to have another "real deal" car, numbers may not match, but it's gonna look just lke the fender tag when done (not looking forward to paying for air cleaner and exhaust manifolds !).

congrats, and i laughed at the "psychological effect", its so true if you can get something a number less in the thousand number it can put a smile on your face even if its 50 bucks!

Dang skippy ... a real '70 340 4-speed car for "under five grand" .. just sounds good -

-
Back