Finally got a break

-

midlife89

Reaction score
Bought my Dart and it seems like everything mechanical needs gone over.Motor is at the machine shop getting the block gone over,transmission is getting dropped off tomorrow.Ball joints,control arm bushings,tie rods,pitman/idler arm are on their way.The diff had bad axle seals and I thought it was an open carrier but it turns out to be a 489 sure grip W/3:55s prob needs rebuilt but at least it's there,I was shocked to see what third members are going for these days.I remember picking up a 83/4 drum to drum with suregrip and 3:91's for 250.00 but that was long ago.Going to put new axle/carrier/pinion bearings and have the clutch pack gone over since it's apart.I guess I should look at the bright side,at least I'll know what I've got and it sure is fun wrenching on it after working on my 89 mustang,computers are a PITA.Who knows I might even get to do the front disc conversion this year

Kwityerbitchin at least you got stuff to do. LOL Hay glad you found sumffin good. That's less stuff to have to buy. Is that your car in your avatar? How bout a bigger picture. Looks good.

Yeah that's it.I will post some pics when I figure out how.I read the thread how to but still can't figure it out.I'm such a dumb a@# when it comes to that.It's a solid car,hard to find up in ohio.It's a 72 with 70 rear bumper and grill.Have been looking for one for awhile,won't buy cars without seeing them in person,finally one popped up 30mi from me.It's replacing one I had as a kid.Would've like to find a 70 340 but those are way out of my price range.It's a 10 footer as far as the paint goes,it's a driver that's what I wanted.No show cars for me,nothing in my life is perfect,so why should my car be.LOL

-
Back