Finally got a Dart!

-
The car is Almost stripped and The floor patches were put into the car today. I"m not too happy with the floor patches thou, Using a linkon mig welder, just curious if somehthing is going wrong? Then from here i was going to sand them down and put on a fiberglass bondo to seal them.

tmpphp5H1Ce1.jpg

tmpphpJIo4Fc.jpg

tmpphpjk2VKh.jpg

One must realize, that you are working on the underside of the car. There are some great products for sealing the patches. About the only thing I would change, would be to add some additional welds to the seams, (it should look like stitching). When was the last time you went to a car run, and saw someone laying on their belly, to look at the underside of a car. The main thing, is to get a driver, that will turn a few heads, and have some fun. Good luck. Howard

thanks but that was the first time djv and i had ever tried anythig like that... its easier then you would think.. spot welds are easy to learn and using metal cut from another car really makes it easy because it will fit.. and all the curves are the same..

Thats exactly how I did it with the donor fender on my M body.It had a rust hole but no dents so I cut the patch from the original which was mostly crunched.

It gets much harder if you have to fab pieces.Multiple welds also make for more heat/warpage,and way more bondo/hammer time.

Definitely get donor pieces.Much easier.

Nobody is repopping those pieces at this time.

Car is looking good. You will get better at welds and fabbing up parts. I fabbed up a floor pan for my '73 from 16 ga sheet since its never going to be a show car and it was a flintstone car lol. Good luck

Hey, Its been a while since i last put up some pics of the car. So I finally found an good rear end for the car, a 8 1/4 with 2.45 gears and open not too happy about that but it will for till I find a new better one!! I also found a set of 73 upper control arms which I need so bad so that was great!!! The car as you can see is still on the rotis, but the patches are all in but the tire wheel, need to find the piece. Most of the undercrage of the car was paint with an expoy primer then the nice shine black was put on!! So now its the choice of what colour to pick for the car. I"m thinking sublime green with a AAR hood in flat black or the hemi Hood, But i'm not really sure on the colour yet some if someones got some good ideas or what let me know! I was also down in the states for the detroit show and picked up the poly kit all of the 73 K frame, the rear spring, and shocks. and I also the engine cam and springs.
The pics!!

P2200931.jpg

P2200935.jpg

P2200938.jpg

P2200942.jpg

P2200944.jpg

P2200940.jpg

Hey Mopars are you using flux core wire in your mig? I have found it very difficult to weld sheet metal with flux core wire. Get the gas attachment for your welder and use .023 to .025 solid wire it will be much easier. There is another mig wire made by J.W. Harris called "twenty gauge" its actually .030 but it has a powdered metal core. Its very easy to weld with this wire and almost impossible to burn holes in sheet metal.

Yes i was using flex core and as you can see the panels are fully in. So The update on the car is Body Colour of the car has been put on to. The rear of the car, truck, hood and engine bay!!!
Only thing is i didn't take out the window in the rear of the car and got a fair bit of over spray on them. Anyone got any good ideas on how to get it off?
I"m also curious for the torision bars there is a L marked on one and a R marked on one but Is the R the passengers side or drivers? And is there a frond and a back to the torision bars?
Thanks!!!

P3070949.jpg

P3070950.jpg

P3070951.jpg

P3070952.jpg

P3070953.jpg

P3070954.jpg

thats coming along fast and looks great!!

I still can't figure out why someone would paint that color though...

I bought mine sublime, thought about repainting it but now its got a blackout hood and bumblebee stripe and i think it looks good now! I actually can't picture it being any other color.

looks good!

Hey, the engine is in the car, the interior is painted, The exhaust is bought and ready to be put on to the car, the glass is in some spots.
The best car is the wheels are on the car!!!!!!!

P8011164.jpg

P8011169.jpg

P8011171.jpg

P8061174.jpg

P8061175.jpg

P8061179.jpg

P8061177.jpg

That looks great!! Can you tell me more about your wheel and tire combo?? What size wheels?? What size Tires? Backspacing?? This is exactly what I want to run on my 67'

thanks Bryan

Wow, Slow down. Your making the rest of us look like slackers.

Looks real good !

thanks for all the comments!, It is going fast but still ran into some good jams in the way.

Holy crap awesome job!!Just viewed your thread from start to finish,you are to be commended for a job well done your car looks fantasic:cheers:

Dang man that is looking good i like it. But i gotta agree slow down a little i'm starting to feel lazy and i just came in from working on the car. Congrats have you got to drive it at all yet, like maybe on or off the rollback?

-
Back