FINALLY got a Mopar

-

Nitrocide595

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been a forum member for a few years now, but just finally got my first Mopar a couple of weeks ago.

I grew up around Dad's '74 Barracuda and finally managed to get my hands on a slant 6 '69 Dart. I have a 440 I got from my dad's friend a year or two ago, so that will find a home in this car once the time is right. The car was a "barn find" in Queens, NY, sitting for 30 years after the owner parked it. I'm 21 and in school, so this is gonna be slow, but hopefully I can get the info I need here!

Plans are as follows:

-Body work (needs some panel replacement and rust repair, but not impossible. Right now, scraping all the under coating off :banghead: )

-Sub-frame connectors

-Mini- tub (got some questions on that regarding the trunk hinges)

-8 3/4 rear swap and 4 link kit (either RMS, Control Freak, or another, still researching)

-727B with manual valve body (5 speed kit from hurst in the future, but working with the budget for now)

-Front end kit (again, RMS, HemiDenny, or other, still researching)

-440 install

-Interior (racing seats, custom cluster, nothing super fancy)

Again, I'm in school full time and working full time, so this is gonna take a while, but hopefully I can get some useful information from you guys! :burnout:

forgot to include the pictures but the uploader won't allow any of my others for some reason. Raccoons actually had their way with the interior, hence the intense ripping... Carpet and seats have been removed and everything is cleaned up pretty good now. Think I could get anyone to buy those seats? I don't even know if there's a market for torn up dart seats...

Also, this car is mainly gonna be a street cruiser, all purpose, do some drag racing, and maybe even some road course racing some day. Big plans, just gotta take it one step at a time

Attachments

• 20140604_180300.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 90
Allway's a good day when another 69 dart is saved! Good luck with the car, you are starting at a great time, a lot of part's for these cars are being reproduced which makes the original part's more resonable if your on a budget. It looks like the interior is pretty much all there, if the rest of the car is complete it will make your life a lot easier!

Jeff

Welcome to FABO! That's a very ambitious build for a young man that's still in school :thumleft:. It's great to hear that you're willing to take the time to do it right. No doubt you will get it done, just keep us informed on your progress, and yes, many questions can be answered here.

-
Back