Finally got all the parts together- I think?

-

Cruisingram

Reaction score
A local fella parted out a 73 duster, and viola, I am doing the swap in two weeks. I got upper control arms to ball joint. I ordered the correct ball joint for the swap- shoots, I should say, it's a 4 door 68 dart, will post a pic of it. I am going to BBP for wheel selection, and of course, brake parts easier to find.

Checking to see if anything is missing so I am not waiting two weeks with a car on the lift!

I ordered from Dr Diff, Manual master cylinder, the 11/32 one- the four bolts for the ball joints and the lower ball joints themselves. I have also ordered, while I am there, new torsion bars, the 1.0whatever size they are.

Anything you guys think I may need? I am super rusty at working on the old girl at this point, don't want to do anything too bone headed. Got my friends gonna help me, do a full vehicle thrash in about 2 weeks. Have a lift, so yay lift!

I am also swapping out the rear end for a wrangler Jeep unit that is the same width etc. Has anyone done this swap before? I got new spring perches and U bolts, and ready to weld- if anyone else has done this swap, I would love to know thier experiences- I have a friend that is really great at bending brake lines, which I totally suck at doing.

I am also adding another leaf, maybe two, to make sure the car is level after adding taller tires, stronger T-bars etc. This car on 13s sits WAY to low for where I live, so I am going to 205-215 60R 15s all the way around and 15x7 rims. The goal is to not kill another oil pan (thanks Rusty).

The car will be the wife's "daily driver" (she rarely drives honestly- mostly on the weekends. ) but she loves this car, as she should!

As soon as this is done, she will have about 2 months before I put the 225 in (170 now) - with the 3.55 gears, should have some pep!

IMG_20210224_180421822.jpg

The way my luck is no matter how much I plan and inventory parts and pieces, there is always "something" I missed that is crucial. Good luck on your endeavor!

You won't know what you missed till you start putting it together. I put Gen2 Hemi in 71 Cuda, had K frame, motor mounts and everything else I thought I needed. I had a 440 in car so thought I was good to go. Starter cable didn't work, throttle bracket didn't work and a few other hemi oddities. But after ordering all the necessary parts it was a month later when I fired it up.

-
Back