Finally got another A-body

-

451Cuda

Reaction score
My Talon build has been snowballing into something much more complicated and expensive than I originally planned, so I decided to throw together a really basic A-body for this coming summer.

A local guy put this '67 Valiant on craigslist recently, and I've always loved these 2 door post cars, so I drove out yesterday and brought it home. It's a 273-2/auto car, original drivetrain, paint, everything. The good: transmission was just rebuilt, engine runs good, frame and floors are super solid. The bad: needs quarters, gas tank is rusty.

The plan is to first just get it running and drivable with the original engine, replace rusty tank and lines with fuel cell and new lines, do a brake job and wheel bearings, replace slot mags with 14" steel wheels and decent tires, remove the crappy carpet and find a better set of seats for it. Once all that's done I'll drive it to cruises and car events as I gather the pieces I need to swap a 5.9 magnum and put a decent rear end under it. Looking into the 8.8 Explorer swap, it looks like a nice alternative to the 8 3/4 which is getting harder to find. Might also do a Ford 9, depends what I find with 8.8 stuff or if I get lucky and find an A-body 8 3/4.

IMG_1797_zps165ad99b.jpg

IMG_1796_zpse6b80370.jpg

IMG_1799_zpscbcf831a.jpg

IMG_1798_zpsea15dcb5.jpg

IMG_1801_zps125b4af8.jpg

IMG_1800_zps807b0d84.jpg

Cool, I see it has the iron oxide lightening program in place. :)

I have a 69 Valiant 4 dr here that has, IIRC, some decent lower 1/4's.

I really like the 67-69 Valiants Congrats

A friend of mine is really interested in the car, so we made a deal on it. I'm buying a '67 Barracuda soon and he will do some bodywork and paint work in trade for the Valiant. I like the car, but I like my '67 'cudas better:D

A friend of mine is really interested in the car, so we made a deal on it. I'm buying a '67 Barracuda soon and he will do some bodywork and paint work in trade for the Valiant. I like the car, but I like my '67 'cudas better:D

Green would be nice with shag green mile high carpet!! Lol

I want it!!

What's up with your talon? I have some close friends that are VERY fast with them

I want it!!

What's up with your talon? I have some close friends that are VERY fast with them

The Talon started as just a basic pro street type build, but I realized I will always want to go faster so it's being set up to pass 25.1 SFI spec. Drivetrain is set up as BBM/pg/9", though it's just mockup pieces for now.

I chose the 2g talon/eclipse because I loved the shape of them when they first came out, and now I'm finding that CL is full of them being parted out from mechanical failures. The way I see it....good looking shape + great aerodynamics + cheap and plentiful supply of spare body parts = perfect race car.

I'll make a build thread when there's more to show than just a body shell on a chassis table and piles of new parts still in boxes.

Oh.. my Buddy's are still awd 1g cars. One holds the hx35 world record at 10.0 and the other is a car we grudge and street race, it makes the 10.0 car look stock lol

Flipper Byatch... LOL

I like those too. Good choices for hot rods.

Hey, im in Omaha! Nice to see some locals on here. Im currently doing a 67 valiant. What gonna happen to the valiant? I need parts!

Hey, im in Omaha! Nice to see some locals on here. Im currently doing a 67 valiant. What gonna happen to the valiant? I need parts!

Valiant being traded to body man friend for work on this Barracuda. Will most likely get a 5.9 magnum swap like I originally planned for it.

Flipper Byatch... LOL

I like those too. Good choices for hot rods.

Hah I did grab a '67 fastback a couple weeks ago, been parting it out. Gonna end up with some free AMD body panels still in boxes, mint rocker moldings, extra trim pieces. I'll sell the carcass as a roller with a title for cheap in another week or so.

send me he sbp slots if ya don't want them!!!!

The slots on the Valiant will be up for grabs soon, he wants to use steel wheels and dog dish caps. Also have another 14" set that is skinny front and wide rears. I'll get pics of all of them soon.

Nice work, that's a great way to get what you need for little cash.

Nice find ,love the 67 notch( favorite body style) Work the buy low,sell higher to the last drop.(bitchin'!)

-
Back