Finally got my 60's Mopar!

-

Señor Ding Dong

Reaction score
Hello all, I just recently got myself a 66 Dart GT convertible, after years of wanting a 60's Mopar. Grew up hearing about the 69 GTX convertible my dad had before I was born, and have always loved the Mopars. The earlier Darts were never my favourite style, but I kinda love the 66 Convertible, and it was a solid car for a reasonable price. It is a solid driver, has had floors and seats redone, new ragtop, and has a 71 318 in it, with a 2 bbl Carter carb. I will definitely have questions, from part names, part availability (in Canada especially), and who knows what else! Last time I had a car to work on it was an 83 Z28 with a 79 350, but I sold it a loooong time ago, so I'm a little rusty.

IMG_4003.JPG

Hello all, I just recently got myself a 66 Dart GT convertible, after years of wanting a 60's Mopar. Grew up hearing about the 69 GTX convertible my dad had before I was born, and have always loved the Mopars. The earlier Darts were never my favourite style, but I kinda love the 66 Convertible, and it was a solid car for a reasonable price. It is a solid driver, has had floors and seats redone, new ragtop, and has a 71 318 in it, with a 2 bbl Carter carb. I will definitely have questions, from part names, part availability (in Canada especially), and who knows what else! Last time I had a car to work on it was an 83 Z28 with a 79 350, but I sold it a loooong time ago, so I'm a little rusty.

View attachment 1716112026
Welcome! and that is awesome.. i actually would prefer that to a GTX (other than resale) :)

-
Back