Finally got the car out this summer

-

maxie

Reaction score
Seems like I have something going every weekend. Either work or I am on a board that promotes cruising here in New Castle, Indiana or taking care of my 94 year old Grandma or I mentor kids at the local high school. Any ways, we had a project at work that we finished early so I cut a trail and went to a local car show. The sad part is that I don't really enjoy this car.

I built this with the help of two friends in Memory of my Dad, I don't see my Dad when I look at this car. He was an E body guy, but when I was a kid he bought a new 70 340 EV2 Swinger and also had a 73 340 dart Sport. I remember those and riding with him in them.

As you can see my Dad was also a die hard 340 guy. I have always had big blocks and multiple carburetors

Nice car , to bad you don't enjoy it . Sell it and get something you would enjoy .

I think this is the car with the Hemi that he is looking to do some sort of trade for a nice 340 A body car.

I get the differences between you and your dad
(I know me and my old man don't always see things eye to eye)

but look at it this way, your dad was a mopar guy, your a mopar guy
he liked high performance engines, you like high performance engines

its not a world apart

but, if you feel like this car isn't what it ought to be sell it and get that swinger, dart sport or cuda that your dad would have picked

That's a nice enough looking A-body that you should have no problems trading towards a 340 E-body, if that helps you better remember your dad.

I think this is the car with the Hemi that he is looking to do some sort of trade for a nice 340 A body car.

Yes, it has the 426 hemi in it with a cross ram.

Don't get me wrong it pulls like a freight train, but the only real enjoyment I get out of it is when I take it to a cruise in and peoples reaction to the engine compartment.

I have a couple of buddies that go pure stock racing and thought about going down that path, but then my wife brought up a good point. She pointed out that every car I have ever had has never been all stock and she felt I wouldn't be happy with that. I could see her point, everything I like on a car in not pure stock legal.

I remember more of the stuff as a kid in a 340 A body with him.

Plus his Pink T/A is still here in town where I live in a private collection, it was sold back to the second owner, who is a super cool guys and lets me see it when ever I want. He actually asked me to take it to the mopar nationals in honor of my Dad, it was in the T/A tent with me all weekend.

-
Back