Finally got the title

-

WildCat

Reaction score
2 years ago I bought a 67 Dart GT hardtop out of a barn lot.

It was in the estate and the house is over 100 years old. The guy I got it from is 71 and the house is in complete disaray, was born in the house.

His dad didn't get rid of anything. Once I paid for the car he told me he couldn't find the title. No big deal I wasn't planning on doing anything to it anytime soon.

Well I have stopped several times trying to get the title, still no luck. Went to the BMV they said to go to court house with bill of sale and police inspection and apply for a court ordered title.

Once there they were not very friendly, down right rude is more like it. But told me I would have to sue BMV in small claims court and wanted $76 to file.

With some help here on the site I got some info and went back to seller to have him sign a statement that he couldn't find the title.

After he signed it and siad if I had any more trouble to call him. Today was the 1st time I got his phone number and he mine.

About 20 minutes after leaving he calls and said, guess what I found. Yes after 2 years he found the title in a box of papers on his dad's desk

What a lucky day.

Indiana use to have titles that had to be notorized, it has been years since I seen one like this. Now to get it filled out and transfered

goodside.JPG

Next time I buy a car like this I'll make suree they have title or will not pay as much for it. Indiana makes it a pain the the but to get lost title straightened out

goodside.JPG

All you have to do in Missouri is go to the DMV and get an application for a lost title have the guy fill it out and have it notarized and send it in, two weeks later a duplicate title shows up in the mail and then he signs it over to you. Indiana sounds like a pain.

Glad to hear it finally worked out Larry. It's always aggravating when something like that happens. I know where there is a nearly rust free 67 GT sitting just 15 miles from me with the same problem but worse. The owner died about 15 yrs. ago and it's been through 4 people now and the guy that has it now doesn't remember the last titled owners name. I suppose I could do a title search (maybe?) but the guy wants too much for it considering the hassle it'd be.

-
Back