Finally!! Headers Installed

-

321Scamp

Reaction score
About an hour ago, with the help from my dad, we got the TTI headers on my Scamp. The pass. side was a breeze, the drivers side, pain in the a$$. I still have one of the bolts to tighten, a job in itself, and the put the starter back in, if possible, put the new Royal Purple oil and E3 spark plugs in and then time to have fire in the hole!

When I do I will post it.

Sounds good! Was that open headers? If it was, it sounds nice and mild. Running on all 8, no backfire, no missing, no leaks. You should be proud of yourself!

I remember breaking in a cam with open headers when I was about your age. That sucker was loud! Might have had something to do with doing it in a brick garage with a concrete floor in a urban area plus an additional 80+ cubic inches. I think the garage acted like a giant speaker box. Cops were there in 10 min flat. LOL! Live and learn.

Hope they sound that good on mine. UPS just delivered my TTi's today. So of course had to immediately jack u the front of the car and commence to bolting them on. Really wasn't as bad as I had expected. 2 1/2 hrs. Done deal. Even the starter (mini) was a breeze to put back in. These TTi's sure do fit much better than anything I can remember from the 70's.

Mine is a 74 Dart swinger. Just did the /6 to a 360 swap a couple weeks ago. Should be able to fire it within the next couple weeks.

I finally finished the whole system on Friday night. Here is some pics.
Cutouts off, on, then back off

3211.JPG

321.JPG

Nice job, that sounds good. There is a guy around here that has the cutoff on a 72 Swinger. Sounds awsome whe he opens them up.

-
Back