Finally Leak and drip free !!!

-

rarichard

Reaction score
Have slowly fixed all the little leaks and drips over the past few years as the budget allowed. Have had the original radiator replaced, several hoses, oil pan gasket, transmission pan gasket, brake master, lines, and I thought I was all done last year, but alas that pesky transmission linkage seal that was the source of what I originally thought was the pan only. but finally got that seal replaced and for the first time in nearly 10 years of ownership, it's not going to stain where I park. There has been a pan or a sheet of cardboard the entire time of ownership since my driveway is newer and I don't want to make a mess in my garage.

IMG_1968.JPG

jeez, congrats! I get them all before I go test and tune but it never seems to take long before a new one appears after that. On the street, i'll chase down anything that gets on the exhaust and makes the least bit of smoke. Otherwise, cardboard or sawdust it is! Last ones were the oil pan, the dipstick tube slipped again, and a tiny cut on my power steering hose.

I always say hope for the best, expect the worst.
Picked up a 85 D-150 with a 440 auto last year, the truck sat in the garage all winter, not one drip on the floor.
So far it has stayed leak free.

I built my 48 Willy's from a bare frame, rebuilt everything, if I park it in the garage it will leak something, annoying since it was totally gone thru, my guess is some of the 75 year old gasket surfaces are no longer flat, or never were from the factory.

-
Back