FINALLY, out of the garage for the first time with color

-

rcottick

Reaction score
heres she is boys, finally in color. Still every single step has been done by me. Alot of wet sanding and polishing to do but she is one step closer to her debut in the spring.

Ron

PA090046 (Small).JPG

PA090045 (Small).JPG

PA090048 (Small).JPG

PA090049 (Small).JPG

PA090050 (Small).JPG

PA090052 (Small).JPG

PA090051 (Small).JPG

PA090055 (Small).JPG

PA080033 (Small).JPG

Lookin' good!! :) Excellent work. Once the color coat goes on you can finally see the REAL progress you've made over the tedious months and years of fix this, fix that. I like the color combo and the location you used to break the two. Now the fun begins with putting everything back on that nice shiny body.

WOW, that looks awesome! What brand of paint did you buy?

19Dart70 said:
WOW, that looks awesome! What brand of paint did you buy?

Its all PPG base/clear chrysler colors......2002 prowler orange and code ps2 bright silver metallic

and thanks for the comments guys

Ron

Very nice. Did you fab the roll cage yourself or was it a kit? What else did you do to the chassis... mini tub, subframe connectors?

Wow, just wow. I can only dream that one day just one of my rides looks that good (or even has a decent paint job!). Was this your first time doing paint Ron??

Lars said:
Wow, just wow. I can only dream that one day just one of my rides looks that good (or even has a decent paint job!). Was this your first time doing paint Ron??

thanks again guys. I didnt fab the roll cage, it is a comp engineering kit that I started from then worked to my likings.

It is the first time I have painted a complete in 15 years but I grew up in body shops and used to paint many years ago. It is the first time I have ever welded and done any cutting or fabrication work on a car though.

Ron

WOW!! Very nice! It looks more reddish then orange... maybe it's just my screen...??

What did that CE cage run you if you don't mine me asking? I'm looking around to see if fabricating one would be cheaper/easier then buying one....

lemonboy69 said:
WOW!! Very nice! It looks more reddish then orange... maybe it's just my screen...??

What did that CE cage run you if you don't mine me asking? I'm looking around to see if fabricating one would be cheaper/easier then buying one....

I think i ended up around $140 the hoop was 40 and the bar kit was 1 or 120 of I remeber right so $140 to $`160

Ron

That looks "really" great..yes in deed, the color combo hits the spot. "I" can't wait to see her all together. All that hard work sure makes a differance. Well done. :thumbrig: My cars are now jealous :blackeye:
Jim

69 Valiant.JPG

scan0003.jpg

-
Back