Finally some GOOD news...

-

plum crazy dart

Reaction score
I've got a job interview. :D After being laid off for a year from where I worked for 18 yrs. About six weeks ago they called me and asked if I wanted to come back, I said of course. Well Ive been waiting and calling them and they just kept telling me "It is going to happen" :sad: With unemployment about to run out I got a call on friday for a different job I had applied for. Tow truck driver for AAA. I've never driven a tow truck but I have driven straight trucks and tractor trailers. I figure I should be able to handle a tow truck. They asked if I'd be willing to work nights/weekends and I said yes. Hey I need a job I can't be picky right now. So I have an interview at the garage on monday I hope it goes well. I have no idea what they pay rate is but I'm hoping it's close to what I've been getting from unemployment as that is just enough to cover mortage and bills.

Congrats, Keep your head up, Things usually get better.

Congrats on the opprotunity and good luck with your interview!! Dont settle for unemployment wages, you're worth way more than that!!! Geof

Good luck with the interview,
C

Job interview went real good. I took the GTX cause I didn't want to show up for a driving job interview with my smashed dd with no front bumper cover and a tie down strap holding the hood down. I pulled into the lot to park and a guy starts walking over towards me and says you can't park in here. I walked towards him and asked where he like me to park. He says are you here for an interview, I said yes. He says ok you must be Peter, I'm Jim (the guy I was there to see) I need to get a look at this car. So he looks at the car and asks a few questions and tells me how nice it is. Then he say I'll show you why I said you couldn't park there. We go inside the garage and there's a 1st gen mustang vert that he tells me is the service managers. Then he pulls back the cover on an early 70's Olds cutlass and then a early 70's Grand Prix and says these are my cars, so I wa just bustin ya. As far as interview he said he could see me fitting in around there with no problem, he just wasn't sure if I'd be happy with the pay rate as it is quite a bit lesss than my previous job. They start at $14 for driving a tow truck, that's about what I'm getting on unemployment. But if I take it/get it at least I'll have health insurance. I told him I didn't expect to get the $20+ an hr I used to make. He said not to worry if I didn't hear from him for a couple weeks as he was still going to be doing interviews.

Job interview went real good. I took the GTX cause I didn't want to show up for a driving job interview with my smashed dd with no front bumper cover and a tie down strap holding the hood down. I pulled into the lot to park and a guy starts walking over towards me and says you can't park in here. I walked towards him and asked where he like me to park. He says are you here for an interview, I said yes. He says ok you must be Peter, I'm Jim (the guy I was there to see) I need to get a look at this car. So he looks at the car and asks a few questions and tells me how nice it is. Then he say I'll show you why I said you couldn't park there. We go inside the garage and there's a 1st gen mustang vert that he tells me is the service managers. Then he pulls back the cover on an early 70's Olds cutlass and then a early 70's Grand Prix and says these are my cars, so I wa just bustin ya. As far as interview he said he could see me fitting in around there with no problem, he just wasn't sure if I'd be happy with the pay rate as it is quite a bit lesss than my previous job. They start at $14 for driving a tow truck, that's about what I'm getting on unemployment. But if I take it/get it at least I'll have health insurance. I told him I didn't expect to get the $20+ an hr I used to make. He said not to worry if I didn't hear from him for a couple weeks as he was still going to be doing interviews.

The GTX sounds like it might have been a good thing to drive. Keep your fingers crossed....

He said not to worry if I didn't hear from him for a couple weeks.... well did I fall asleep for a couple weeks? Got a phone call today offering me the position. Told them I'd take it. Even though I'll be making less $$ than I'm getting from unemployment at least I'll be able to get health insurance. Going to have a drug test/physical this week. It's not going to solve my income issues but I won't be worrying about unemployment running out and having NO job.

Congrats on the new job!
Working nights/weekends still affords you the opportunity to look, and interview for other jobs.

Cool, happy to hear that!

They are obviously car guys with the cars they have so the GTX would have been sweet. :D

The AAA towing gig is about as good as it gets I would think. Some companies you work for have you lurking in parking lots ready to pounce on the ticket that just expired. With AAA you're helping people, makes for a much better day!

He said not to worry if I didn't hear from him for a couple weeks.... well did I fall asleep for a couple weeks? Got a phone call today offering me the position. Told them I'd take it. Even though I'll be making less $$ than I'm getting from unemployment at least I'll be able to get health insurance. Going to have a drug test/physical this week. It's not going to solve my income issues but I won't be worrying about unemployment running out and having NO job.

Congratulations :cheers: having insurance means allot and getting to leave the house and staying busy is a plus in my book Pete, being idle is not good for any of us.
I bet this will be a great job with some good perks :glasses7:
So happy to see this worked out for you :D:D:D

congrats on the new job!
We have CAA here and i'm a member, I've had to call a few times in the past,
not sure if all members do this, but when their done, I always give them a tip.
Best of luck to y'a

-
Back