Finally!

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
After 44 years of working I retired on Friday. Why I am relived it's kinda depressing to know your starting the forth quarter of your life.
Now I have to do the grownup stuff like life insurance and a will and a trust and paying for health insurance. I rather be 25 again.
With no hobbies other than my car, I'll have to find something to do during the winter.

Congrats on retirement! Maybe a class or 2 at local college for welding or woodworking?
Keep busy but enjoy most of all!

Congrats on your retirement.. You'll find now that everyone knows your retired they will figure your available for their errands. :rolleyes: Can you go with me tomorrow to ( fill in the blank ), need to drop of my car, your not working so your available right, can you pick this up for me ...etc. I had more time for myself when I worked.. Enjoy retirement it's what you worked for all those years.

Congratulations. I just retired myself yesterday. Hope your as excited as I am about not going to work on Monday

Great for you to retire.

......….I'll have to find something to do during the winter.

Lol, Make the winter bucket list of warm places to go. Beats shoveling snow!

Besides honey do, car stuff, and fishing that I've done for ever, I took up the fine art of hacking a guitar. (it can even keep some folks around here away if ya' know what I mean:D)

Great for you to retire.

Lol, Make the winter bucket list of warm places to go. Beats shoveling snow!

Besides honey do, car stuff, and fishing that I've done for ever, I took up the fine art of hacking a guitar. (it can even keep some folks around here away if ya' know what I mean:D)
. thank you I would love to go somewhere warm in the winter time but my wife won't go cause of the grandkids

Thanks all! I have no grandkids but a honey do list a mile long.
Congrats Del on your retirement!

. thank you I would love to go somewhere warm in the winter time but my wife won't go cause of the grandkids
By a winter place in Az, N.M. Let the grandkids visit Christmas holidays, that should satisfy any woman!!!!

You will have to learn to pace yourself, NO need to hurry for anything!

Like said, find something to do to stay busy that you like, slow downnnnnnnnnn, don't let everyone take advantage of your time.

By a winter place in Az, N.M. Let the grandkids visit Christmas holidays, that should satisfy any woman!!!!

You will have to learn to pace yourself, NO need to hurry for anything!

Like said, find something to do to stay busy that you like, slow downnnnnnnnnn, don't let everyone take advantage of your time.
Thanks for the advice

I dont think its very safe to get between a Mother Grizzly and her Grand-cubs.

Just sayin'
You are 100% correct my wife is VERY protective to our grandkids. I'm more protective of my 12 year old granddaughter she's at the age boys are starting to notice her. I think I can scare the boys since I'm 6'4 and 275 I hope. lol

Bob, congrats on your retirement. Missed you at Cops & Rodders! I am about three months behind you - shooting for September 30! Now you will have more time for the Barracuda.
Richard

After 44 years of working I retired on Friday. Why I am relived it's kinda depressing to know your starting the forth quarter of your life.
Now I have to do the grownup stuff like life insurance and a will and a trust and paying for health insurance. I rather be 25 again.
With no hobbies other than my car, I'll have to find something to do during the winter.

Oh don't worry, as your new job to afford life and health insurance will keep you busy enough.:D

Congrats on being able to retire. My best case is to be able to do it at 62...7 years from now.

I am ready to be done with the rat race and get on with doing things I love.

Last edited:
Congrats! My dad is 89 and still does some woodworking. His tip to me was stay busy and use your mind. It will keep you sane!!

Congrats on being able to retire. My best case is to be able to do it at 62...7 years from now.

I am ready to be done with the rat race and get on with doing things I love.
Thanks. I retired because of some health issues and wanting to do some things before I was maybe unable to do anymore and the company I worked for stopped taking interest in their employees and started getting greedy. Money is great but can be evil in the wrong hands

-
Back