Finally!!!

-

racerbob

Reaction score
After over two seasons of racing my car, I finally won a race!

My wife and kids went to visit her parents this past weekend, leaving me free to do whatever I wanted. So, I went racing. I raced my typical friday night (midnight madness street car race) at MIR (Budds Creek, MD). I lost in first round and went home early to get ready for a road trip on Saturday.

Saturday, I towed the race car 120 miles one way to VMP (Virginia Motorsports Park) in Petersburg, VA for the TMC (Tidewater Mopar Club) Mopar Madness 2009 event. On the way down , I stopped off and bought a SBP front disc brake setup (rotors, 4 piston calibers, dust shields, spindles, lower ball joints & brake hoses) from a guy in Chesterfield, VA. They are basically balls of rust, but are still a good deal for $80.

Once at the track I entered in two races the MOD class for $41 and the STREET class for $20. I won in first round of street and lost in MOD. Since there were only 7 cars in the street class, I figured would just continue there and not bother with a MOD class buy-back. A few cars bought back into the street cals so it ended up going to four rounds. I Beat a guy with a turbo charged Caliber in round 2, got the Bye in round 3 and won in a double breakout in the final (even though the other racer had a slightly better reaction time!!).

Feels great to come with a trophy and a check for $150!!

My next race will be PINKS ALL OUT at MIR, next friday and saturday. Even feels better going into PAO coming off a win.

Bob

PS: the MOPAR MADNESS event at VMP was a pretty good show, I would recommend it to anyone in mid-atlantic area! I will definately come back and race this even next year!!

Congrats!! I was there too, it was a great show. The car had it's best ever run...11.98 @ 113.25..in 92 degree heat! See you there again next year. Good luck at PAO.

So you spent ... 80 brakes
41 MOD entry
20 Street entry
Total 141
And you won 150 and a trophy, got some 'alone' time, went to 2 race tracks, scored a bunch of parts and had fun.

Sounds like a PERFECT week-end.

-
Back