finaly an interview!

-

mwls73duster360

Bad as Buddy Holly
Reaction score
so i don't talk about it really but I've been job searching for almost a year. the responce i usally get if any is "why do you want to work here, your over qualifed? today though i have an interview for a company where i will be buying cars for them they can fix and flip. I talked to the owner for about 20m yesterday on the phone. He really seemed to like me so fingers crossed. O i should mention ive only ever had two interviews lol. Every job ive had i was asked to work there. this is the first time ive been out of work since i was 16. well ill let you guys know how it goes. Have a great day Fabo!

Just be your self and answer the questions honestly and you will do fine! Good luck and let us know how you make out. fingers crossed for you.

thanks guys! Ive had to hier people alot so i know the other end of the table well lol im really excited because ive always wanted to do this but never had cash or room to. buying with other peoples money lol this should be a fun job.

Except when you have to buy somrthing that you want to take home for yourself!

another positive note, he asked about reliable trasportation and i told him about the duster. he got really excited and said he couldn't wait to see it.

thanks guys! Ive had to hier people alot so i know the other end of the table well lol im really excited because ive always wanted to do this but never had cash or room to. buying with other peoples money lol this should be a fun job.

First things first mwls73duster360 Congratulations :cheers:
I hope to see a new thread soon that you are working and enjoying spending other peoples money :thumleft: My fingers are crossed and hope things go well on this interview :thumleft:

Always have an answer to the question, "why do you want to work here." I ask that to everyone I interview. The reason is are you looking for a mcJob until you find another that better fits your qualifications. And have you done any homework?
In reality, do they want unqualified people who they need to babysit and or spend time to train or people who can go into position?

It is a lot easier to get a job while you have a job, have good strong answers for why there is a gap in your employment. And most of all NEVER speak ill of your past employers. How will you speak of them? It wasn't a good fit, is an acceptable answer.

ALWAYS have a question to ask of them. Have a few in case some are answered. Look into the company if possible and learn a bit about them. It shows you care enough to do a little digging. Details of job description, things like that.. what happened to the last person in this position? what can I do differently?

Last an interview is a two way street will it be a good fit for you as much as them? Can you work for this person?

Good Luck!
John

so i don't talk about it really but I've been job searching for almost a year. the responce i usally get if any is "why do you want to work here, your over qualifed? today though i have an interview for a company where i will be buying cars for them they can fix and flip. I talked to the owner for about 20m yesterday on the phone. He really seemed to like me so fingers crossed. O i should mention ive only ever had two interviews lol. Every job ive had i was asked to work there. this is the first time ive been out of work since i was 16. well ill let you guys know how it goes. Have a great day Fabo!

It is fun buying cars with other people's money. I used to buy 10 to 50+ a day for the auto salvage. The 50+ would be at auction and I always bought the first 3 no matter how much too high they were. Most people wouldn't bid against me after that so I was able to buy the others around half of what they were worth.

I wish you good luck with the interview.

thanks again! and i understand the questions just gets frusterating is all. great advice from all you guys! one big thing is i have a firm belief in job loyalty and always give a minimum of two years to any employer. also never been fired and always left on good turms so excellent references.

one big thing is i have a firm belief in job loyalty and always give a minimum of two years to any employer. also never been fired and always left on good turms so excellent references.
im in the same exact boat man , I know what its like. I hope it works out for you . just show the man confidence and you will get it.

Also wanted to say I know your in the area. if this doesn't work out give me a shout. I can see what I can do for you. You in Vanc or Long V?

thanks again! and i understand the questions just gets frusterating is all. great advice from all you guys! one big thing is i have a firm belief in job loyalty and always give a minimum of two years to any employer. also never been fired and always left on good turms so excellent references.

It was at 11, but they just called me back and from the way he was talking i wont be getting a job this week. Because i start Monday at 9 lol thanks for everything guys im stoked!

they actual offered me another job with more hours and better pay ill be handling incoming calls from people wanting to sell their cars and sending the tow trucks out to pick them up. 6 days a week 7hr a day and we are talking pay on Monday.

-
Back