Finaly got me a new toy

-

1Jeff

Reaction score
70 Duster Alston chassis car, wieghs 2580 with me in it. 440, pg, 4.56 gears set up to run super pro. I got to make 5 passes last Sunday, car is a blast to drive,hooks hard and goes straight. Best pass was a 10.322 @ 130. I've never top bulb raced before and couldn't get the gas pedal on the floor before the car launched, it should have run in the teens. I moved the trans. brake button to better suite me and want to change to a different switch. We'll see what happens next Sunday. The p.o. is a great guy, couldn't be happier with the car.

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0644.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 399
Very nice.......how stout is that 440?...and welcome, I see that was your first post!

Welcome to FABO. Nice Duster you picked up. I saw from your info your near Seaford. Suppose your running at US13 in Delmar? One of our daughter's has lived in Salisbury for close to 20yrs. and i've been to that track several times....i liked it.

is that 2/3 chassis ?????:D nice . i hope mine comes in that light..mike it is a art morrison chassis 2/3 chassis:prayer::prayer:

Attachments

• HPIM0789.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 357
Thanks all, I am racing it at US 13 dragway. The car has ran 10.0's with this engine, it hasn't been on a dyno. Built as a bracket engine to live a long life, shift at 5,800 and traps around 6,100 depending on air. It will handle more rpm but don't want to run below 10.0 or stress it for no reason.

could you post some pics of how that front end is mounted please.. i have to mount mine and would like some ideas.. :prayer::prayer:i love the way the car looks on the ground like that...:D

Thanks again all. Hope these pic's help you earthmover, all I have now. If you need something else let me know, I'll take some more. Wife has the camera and won't be back for a week or so. This thing was built to go a lot faster for the original owner, was equiped with a chute and built like a tank. I'll post a pic of the driveshaft loop as soon as I can, it's a huge round tube. I've seen a couple lighter than this so you should be ok. Just use light weight parts every where it is safe to do so. I could probably take 50 lb's or more off the car pretty easy.

Don't know why it did not work the first time, but here you go.

Attachments

• IMG_0616.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0617.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0632.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 303
pics are great thanks.. yea 2/3 frame there aswell.. so i have a idea of where my car will come in at..thats a really nice set up, and looks to be really fun.. now i cant wait to get this 1 i have fired up...:D:Dmaybe soon :prayer:mike

Glad I could help. The car is REALY fun to drive, youre gonna love your's. This car has carpet on the complete floor and tubs, a alternator and some other not needed junk. The po gave me his log book, Im not going to change anything! The wife wanted to get rid of Mickey, ain't happenin! Just need to learn to drive it.

Here is a pic of the underside, took me long enough. But it's first time it's been up in the air since the camera came home.

Don't know why the up load keeps failing, I'll try it from home tonight.

-
Back