finding my father's first car

-

h340

Reaction score
Im looking for some information. Does anyone know how i could find a car my father previuosly owned. My father had a 1966 dodge dart custom with a worked 340 4 speed hotrod that he built when he was in highschool, his name is chris krumenacker and he lived in collegeville pennsylvania. i was trying to find if it was possible to find the car since i have no vin number. the dart was electric blue, with cragars and he would have sold it around 1979. for my father's birthday i was just trying to locate the car. to keep the tradition going though i myself am 16 and have a 69 dart 340 4 speed hot rod. any info, ideas or comments would help.

thanks
chris JR.

Look through some of your fathers papers...my dad has old reg's of dodge trucks. a bods, chargers and all other kinds of chryslers he has owned through the years, then a trip to the dmv....

well do you know the guys name who bought it in 79? if so you may be able to contact him if you know his last name. you could call the operator and see if there is a listing for the guy within the state. odds are it is still close by. this may help you to locate it. contact dmv and ask if they have any histroy on cars owned by your dad. they may be able to pull this up for a fee. do you know what insurance he was useing back then? they will have a record of the cars vin number. if you cann get the vin number some how you can then go to your states dmv and do a title history search. this will show everytitle the car has ever had within the state. this will give you the info for sure. this is provided the state will disclose this to you. i have been told some states will not reveal this info. some states only will trace it back so many years as well. i went through all of this myself. it was sucessful for me. good luck!

i feel your pain i have been searching for a 67 gtx that my parents bought new.i like you do not have the vin#. here is what i have done so far. contacted the insurance company/they say thier records don't go back that far.contacted the state dmv office they went from paper records to microfisch in 1984 asked me for a vin# for a title search/if i had the vin i wouldn't need them.found a couple of cars like the one i'm looking for on ebay the certi cards always seem to be missing.have put an add on the lost car registry it's free you might try that. basically i am at a dead end in my search hope your's comes out better for you! now the car that i'm looking for was sold in spartanburg sc. was specieal ordered by my dad .manual steering and brakes.no air no power any thing. the car was blue with blue interior.bucket seats with automatic on the column.ceti card will have his name donald d dobson.hope some one knows where this car is at.

i found the vin number, i was digging in my father's closet and found the car's manuel with the vin number date purchased and dealer. the only problem is all the vehicle history reports i look at only go back to 1981.

now that you have the vin #, you can go to your states dmv and do a title history search. this will show every title the car has ever had within the state. with this you should be able to track it down.....

hi h340,
while researching for some info, i ran across this site.
be sure to check " resources" as it shows how to ask for
title information searches for most states.

http://www.lost-car-registry.com/main.html

you can search for any brand.
again make sure you look at: resources
links is interesting also.
good luck finding your 'pops' car
longarm

6pkmopar

Do you know what dealership your parents bought the GTX from? If so, a lot of dealerships store info of previous sales by customer name as well as vin #

Just a thought!

yes and the guy who sold them the car is still alive and a friend of mine we have talked but there is no paper work to be had from him

-
Back