Fire Breathing Tiki God

-

MB43

Reaction score
Every year we have a Luau party at my head. A few years back a friend of mine carved a couple of Tiki heads out of wood. I'd like to turn one of them into a fire breathing Tiki god this year. Any idea about how to do it? I'd like to it spit out fire every 5 seconds or so. I figure propane would be the best way to power it, but beyond that I'm clueless.

Anybody have any ideas?

I do remember seeing something similar on one of those extreme home redo shows. I'm thinking scavenge n old BBQ make one outlet for the burner.... Shouldnt be too hard just stay safe! :twisted:

Whatever you end up trying, I'll be watching for you on american funniest home videos. Make sure the misses has the video camera ready and batteries fully charged and the phone is quick dialed to the local fire station.

Terry :poke:

Don't set it up near the deep fryer!! Seems to me you would need some type of rotating valve and pilot light to have it fire at intervals. I used to have time to figure stuff like this out...then I bought a Dart!

If you could find one of these it would do it for you. Instead of the gas going into a chamber it would just flame for you and it has a timer. This was all I could think of that would work with some mod's.Protect your investment from bird and wildlife infestation automatically! Scare-away LP gas cannons produce harmless 130 decibel thunderclap bangs to disperse birds and wildlife from crops, orchards, vineyards, campuses, golf courses, fish ponds, parks, airfields, and landfills just to mention a few applications. Scare-away cannons are powered by the same five gallon LP gas cylinders used for outdoor grills. The cost for this valuable protection - pennies a day. The Multi-bang produces six bangs within 90 seconds. Three bangs are fired in the first 30 seconds, and three addional bangs are fired at irregular intervals.

flame.jpg

A nitrous solenoid, a digital flasher relay, and a Barry Grant fuel pump should keep the bugs away....

But have that camcorder running anyway!

Somehow "Flame throwing" and "Wood" do not sound like a mutual match, (pun intended) and especially anywhere near or within the house. LOL

Now one made from say cooper and located outside around the patio and the barbie would be neat. Good luck and stay safe.

So... I guess nobody has any ideas about how to do this? I'm not planning on blowing myself up or setting anything on fire.

Ya Mike, but if you do blow yourself up and it was because of an idea I gave you then I would be libel and I've heard all about those sharks you guys call lawyers down there. Just kidding. I just can't think of anything that wouldn't require a fire suit. Sorry. Hold it, something just came to me. How about a "small" piece of dry ice dropped into an "open" bottle of coke.

Terry

-
Back